• Create a store operations strategy through engaging key stakeholders and executing on a plan that is in alignment with the commercial long-range plan to drive revenue and increase market share
• Develop strategic and operational plans for the team, managing execution, measuring and delivering results
• Provide inspirational leadership and direction to direct report team and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization
• Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks in order to recommend strategies and tactics for current and future field/store operations
• Serve as the subject matter expert for field operations in cross functional meetings.
• Improve stores productivity by continually assessing defined operations practices. Benchmark and implement best practices.
• Maintain relationships with the Field Leadership to align on business priorities.
• Collaborate and influence relationships across departmental lines and the field to maximize sales
• Provide business analysis, measurement and reporting to assess store productivity and profitability.
• Ultimate oversight and management of Store Payroll Model, Store Sales Planning Process, supplies and other expense management, and store business analytics.
• Drive improvement and efficiencies in the use of Sales Forecasting and Labor Scheduling systems.
• Serve as the ultimate gatekeeper for all workload and communication to the stores organization.
• Analyze opportunities to reduce workload and communication; drive improved process for workload approval.
• Operate with strong business acumen and hold accountability for overall profitability for all AE and aerie stores.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
• 10+ years experience in store operations, retail field technology, or similar
• Previous store / field management and store financial experience preferred
• Prior managerial/supervisory experience
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and formulate effective solutions
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting