Job ID: 2000001786
This position is offered for remote work from home.
The Sr. Software Development Lead - Enterprise Integration Services will manage multiple business process simplification efforts in support of IT initiatives and engineering modernization including cloud native, caching, API & service layer optimization across Synchrony. This individual will be accountable for implementation of IT solutions and process re-engineering efforts through analysis, stakeholder/resource engagement, planning and effective project delivery.
- Analyze and document current processes, tools, systems with the goal of identifying areas for improving quality, efficiency and recommend/implement solutions for improvement and simplification including operational changes and system solutions
- Create/manage detailed project plans, coordinate with multiple stakeholders and other solution delivery activities
- Identify critical path decisions, recommendations and influence program to deliver effective solutions and maximize project payback
- Drive all phases of simplification projects including scoping, process analysis/re-engineering, prioritization, planning and execution in adherence to standards and procedures
- Perform project management of all tasks and resources, estimating and tracking progress against plan
- Develop effective communication strategy across projects and constituencies
- Lead, manage and direct cross-functional resources (IT and Business) as required throughout project lifecycle
- Lead and architect solutions that meet SYF business requirements to deliver business value by enabling rapid innovation through modern software development and delivery.
- Design and architect elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud applications
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver applications to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Offer guidance in application migration from on-prem data center to AWS Cloud with related AWS cloud services Engage various engineering teams to co-create and design modernization strategy and identify the need for API, Microservices, or other forms of platform modernization
- Maintain deep hands on technical knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes containers, PaaS Solutions, continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Responsible for design and delivery of robust and efficient solutions meeting the specific needs of the varied Technology initiatives
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Finance, Accounting, Math, or Statistics with minimum 5 years of IT experience OR in lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED and 9 years of IT experience within a project / program manager role
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience working on in a process improvement role for a technology or financial services company
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with project management methodology (Waterfall, Agile) and all phases of SDLC.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in authoring project documentation for IT business projects: business requirements, design documents, technical specifications, test plans and test scripts
- Possesses business process analysis skills and re-engineering experience
- Experience/knowledge of financial services, lending instruments, consumer credit
- Strong analytical/quantitative and problem-solving skills combined with exceptional business acumen
- Recent experience with design, implementation of Cloud native systems (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and software solutions for Containerized, Micro services based eco-systems, Application modernization, migration and development on PaaS platforms.
- Experience in application migration to AWS cloud using refactoring, rearchitecting and re-platforming approach
- Expert in cloud native application design, PCF Reference Architectures,12 factor app principles
- Exposure to enterprise systems and related projects.
- Exposure to integration efforts of complex enterprise application systems.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Organizational skills - ability to multi-task, prioritize, and execute on assigned deliverables
- Ability to work both independently and in a team to effectively get results with cross-functional / matrix resources
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:
APPLY SHARE SHARE