You'll be an advanced .NET engineering resource working as a full-time W2 employee and contributing to complex business solutions that meet the needs of our commercial-sector clients. Established in 1977, basys is a leading provider of technology solutions and consulting services in the highly complex, regulated benefit administration software industry.
US-based remote and/or Baltimore Location: Basys is currently on a company-wide “Work-From-Home” status during the pandemic. We will continue to interview, onboard and work remotely until basys and state authorities determine it is safe to return to the office. Basys is committed to continuing to support employees meeting US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS with flexibility during this time. Note that the position is eligible for remote work even after the pandemic.
PLEASE, NO AGENCY SOLICITATION. NO CORP TO CORPS.
Sr. Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Assist with design of entire applications or major application subsystems of our enterprise software and utilizing .NET stack and related technologies develop features across multiple subsystems within the basys application suite
- Participate in the evaluation of the employer portal section of our client software built in ASP.NET and its redesign and development in C#, HTML 5, Angular and Web Services REST and SOAP (initial project focus)
- Directly participate in multiple concurrent projects, to include product enhancements, client customizations, third party integrations and product maintenance
- Participate with our fully on-shore engineering, DevOps and operations teams to define plans for standardization scaling and enhancements to our products and services utilized in deployment, installation and release efforts
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Business Analysts and QA Team in refining requirements, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment
- Maintain SCRUM Methodology and documentation of user stories, features and other release notes to best assist implementation application support teams
- Develop programming effort estimations based on requirements and scope of project and manage work progress against schedule commitments, utilizing Rally for task management
- May mentor as well as review programming and code produced by more junior engineering basys staff
- Assist Lead/Principal Software Engineer in development and implementation of on-going engineering process improvements and industry best practices
- Provide support and research for existing and new software as well as investigate, recommend and implement new technology and solutions
- Position reports directly to Director, Software Development
Sr. Software Engineer Requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- 4-10+ years’ professional Software Engineering experience, to include expertise with .NET framework, Object Oriented Methodologies, Web Services, HTML, modern development frameworks like Angular and strong understanding of Agile Methodology required
- Current authorization to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship required
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or related field and expertise with Angular preferred
Note that while basys’ preference is to hire a Senior Software Engineer, we also open to hiring a more mid-level Software Engineer. Come, join our highly collaborative team, as a growth position, to help solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to our customers. We invite you to apply and discover more about our diverse culture, extraordinary benefits package and why basys sees an average 8-year tenure on its Technology team. Please, no agency solicitations.