VP - Senior Credit Office/Manager RMBS Surveillance
The opportunity is for an individual to take a senior role and managerial responsibility in the team which is responsible for monitoring all US residential mortgage related transactions including private label and agency RMBS, re-securitizations, single-family rental (SFR), reverse mortgage, and re-performing transactions. The team’s key objective is to perform rigorous credit analysis in a timely and efficient manner ensuring high ratings accuracy and providing a high degree of transparency to the market.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other senior leaders and teams to ensure the team achieves its objectives. The successful candidate will chair rating committees, manage, mentor and coach analytical staff, proactively undertake and independently lead/supervise complex analytical, process and efficiency improvement projects. He/she will work with other senior leaders in the team to improve overall operational efficiencies and ensure that all members of the team apply Moody’s policies, procedures and best practices. In addition, the individual is expected to take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics, research and outreach efforts.Surv-COS-RMBSQualifications
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience for over 12 years gained from a credit rating agency, financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent
- Ability to mentor and develop team members at various levels
- Extensive understanding of Structured Finance and Moody’s methodologies for rating and monitoring residential mortgage related transactions, as well as financial markets and their regulatory environment. In depth understanding of RMBS market and structures is a plus
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- High level of integrity, highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with programming (VBA/SQL) and cash flow modeling is a plus