VP Senior Credit Analyst
Team leader for at least one product specialization within SFD – project finance, trade & commodity finance, or asset finance. Responsible for deal management within this specialization, including supervision of application preparation, review and negotiation, and transaction execution. Incumbent has in depth experience with various financial products and can handle complicated issues/situations. May have direct report subordinate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight of credit analysis, sub-portfolio management, administration and operations within assigned product specialization.
- Oversees, reviews and/or prepares all credit applications and reports and makes investment recommendations.
- Oversees and/or performs the monitoring of assigned assets and industries to maintain credit quality and proposes and updates "buy/hold/sell" recommendations through asset/industry appropriate measures, i.e., financial analysis and trends, cross-sectional analysis, market value/liquidity and expected default frequency.
- Oversees or performs all Head Office and Branch monitoring and reporting requirements, including rating review, documentation review, regulatory review and financial and portfolio review requirements.
- Ensures compliance with applicable investment guidelines and directives from Head Office and Branch Management.
- Supervises Credit Analysts or other staff within product specialization.
- Performs other duties and responsibilitiesas assigned by management.
- MBA degree or equivalent with 8+ years of experience in lending or a bachelors degree with in finance or economics with at least 10 years of related experience. CFA preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of modernportfolio theories and techniques used by loan asset managers.
- Capable of executing client requests and meetings. Excellent computer skills including Excel and Word. Excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the banking industry, its products and services. Applies knowledge in area of specialization to produce "value-added" results.
- Contributes to and/or influences unit revenue generation and profitability. Understands the impact of expenses on the Bank's bottom line and acts accordingly to minimize expenses.
- Responsible for compliance in area of responsibility. Identifies and understands the risks and laws involved in the department's operations.
- Ability to manage a team of employees and provide useful guidance and feed back for their development
- Solid presentation and communication skills.