VP & Senior Business Manager - Commercial Real Estate, Construction and Syndication
Title: VP & Senior Business Manager – Commercial Real Estate, Construction and Syndication
Department: Commercial Banking
Reports to: SVP & Head of Commercial Banking
- Establishes and maintains commercial real estate customer relationships.
- Stays abreast of market trends and changes and maintains relationship with financial institutions in soliciting syndication/participation opportunities. The Bank may act as the lead/agent bank in syndication and participation in construction projects.
- Evaluates and underwrites credit proposals.
- Presents credit proposals to Credit Committee.
- Coordinates with participating banks, attorneys and customers to arrange loan closings.
- Performs the administration duties and responsibilities of an agent bank.
- Monitors and controls the on-going construction projects.
- Reports marketing intelligence (rumors, significant issues, etc.).
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Follows compliance of the Bank’s policies and regulations.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum five years of related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in oral and written English with the ability in Chinese languages is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.