AtMSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
The Vice President of Security Policy and Investigations will establish a centralized governance and define policy, standards, and audits to measure for consistent execution of security practices across all venues.
This position will report into the SVP Security.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent execution of security across all venues.
- Provide leadership for venue heads of security and their management staff.
- Manage and oversee investigations and document all results for various end users.
- Conduct threat management and utilize investigative databases and resources
- Establish and maintain liaison with local law enforcement and intelligence agencies
- Audit venue security programs to ensure compliance with standards, policies, and protocols
- Monitor and review venue-based technologies and continually assess and explore new solutions
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serve as a consultant and security advisor for new venue construction projects including opening procedures/protocols, staffing, training and management development, CCTV and access control implementation, screening methodologies and othertechnologies
- Manage CAPEX and OPEX budgets and Justify expenditures as they relate to development of a program budget
- Adopt industry best practices for emergency preparedness and continuity of operations
- Incorporate training protocols that continuously develop employees, as well as address their perishable skills.
- Regular oversight of Venues CCTV monitoring.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an annual security training schedule.
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous refinement of physical/facilities security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols.
- Perform security and risk assessments of facilities, including security equipment condition and provide summary of needed improvements to senior management.
- Minimum 12-15years of experience in a senior level security management role within a live event environment, or sporting facility with a focus on exceptional customer service and security
- Four-yeardegree in Criminal Justice or related field. MBA preferred.
- Prior corporate securityexperiencerequired.
- Ability to compile and execute company and departmental standard operating procedures and procedures (SOP’s).
- Demonstrated experience working alongside C-Suite Executives
- Ability to effectively articulate security and budgetary initiatives
- Knowledge of CCTV, surveillance equipment, alarms and radio communications
- Prior investigative experience.
- Extensive experience working alongside city and state agencies
- Proven ability to assess, develop and successfully execute strategic internal and external security plans and quickly adapt to change as required by events.
- Extensive conflict management skillsets with resolution ability
- Previous experience managing in a union environment necessary with an emphasis on negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Knowledge of safety and fire codes preferred.
- Must have the ability to develop team members and effectively grow a security program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a budget and working with vendor relations
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
- Must have the ability to work independently when necessary, and use sound business judgment
- Ability to present an uplifting personality while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and business ethics
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
- Skilled at working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationship with a diverse group
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivational and organizational abilities are used often
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, am, nights and holidays required
- Ability to travel 25% both internationally and domestically as necessary.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 18-8931