Our VP, Sales Training needs to establish/refine the Sales Enablement and Training program, as well as lead and manage it. This is a highly organized and programmatic professional who has experience devising and running similar programs.
The core charter of Sales Enablement in Seismic is to ensure that when a Seismic salesperson or Channel Partner interacts with a prospect/customer, they have the skills, knowledge, tools and processes required to be successful. Sales Enablement's ultimate goal is to assist reps in accelerating the deal cycles that exists in their pipelines.
Position reports to the President of Sales.
- Work with the respective functions in order to establish, refine and manage a program whereby we (a) determine target competence levels for different professionals, internally and externally; over time; as well as (b) curriculum, training schemes and techniques; and (c) monitoring and periodic reviews.
- Manage and reinforce Seismic's sales methodology and sales process with our customer's buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by our sales force and partners, in order to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Conduct an "inventory" of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes to and work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- Development and management of the Sales Enablement roadmap.
- Development, delivery and training of effective sales playbooks by field/inside sales role in tight collaboration with field/inside sales (especially first-line managers), sales operations, education and product marketing.
- Updating of playbooks as needed based on feedback from the field and shifting market demands.
- Help in the development of a first-line managers' development program to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to develop, mentor, coach and lead their sales teams effectively.
- Implement a continuous improvement program for our comprehensive on-boarding program and establish measureable success metrics.
- Development of role-specific recurrent virtual and face-to-face global sales training initiatives in tight collaboration with sales leadership.
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure individual sales representatives and first line sales manager's training and sales enablement needs are met.
- Conduct analysis of sales productivity together with Sales Operations, establish metrics and objectives for sales enablement and make recommendations for increasing sales productivity in other relevant functions.
- Drive in a measurable way significant sales productivity increases for Seismic's Field and Inside Sales roles.
- Utilize and leverage sales technology tools for reporting and benchmarking.
- Help in the selection and deployment of technologies to be used by the field-force to increase efficiency and Enablement.
- Regularly spend time in the field with managers and reps to understand the "field reality" and build sales enablement deliverables to meet their needs.
- Build a team to ultimately manage direct reports.
- Minimum 5 years of sales/sales operations/sales enablement experience with global high tech, high growth B2B organizations.
- Experience implementing successful sales process/methodology/sales playbook initiatives.
- Experience working cross-functionally, and with third-party vendors to develop sales enablement materials.
- Experience building effective field sales on-boarding and sales training programs.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and sales enablement platforms.