Responsible for attaining sustainable sales growth through current and new customers for the Health Plan market in the assigned region. Oversees requests for proposal (RFP) solicitation and response. Develops sales plans, campaigns and strategies designed to achieve sales growth targets. May be responsible for coaching, developing and managing a regional sales team.
- Forecasts annual and quarterly revenue streams from new and existing customers and works with Sales Operations to create attainable sales goals.
- Leads the proposal development to assure optimum and strategic positioning of Magellan Employer programs and service capabilities.
- Consistently monitors and develops the sales pipeline for the Employer market.
- Directs the research and analysis on the performance of the sales team to identify areas of improvement in the businesses marketing strategies, sales opportunities, and to aid with understanding the market and competitive environment. Ensures prompt delivery and accuracy of reports to senior management.
- Directs development of product- and market-specific sales plans that enhance revenue growth and reflect current public policy and trends.
- Works with the National Sales Leader and other members of the leadership team to ensure sales priorities align with operations capabilities and resources.
- Works with the Product Innovation team to support identification and development of product and service offerings, including definition of customer needs, product features, pricing and distribution strategy.
- Develops and maintains external relationships with senior-level decision-makers throughout assigned region to ensure Magellan’s brand is widely disseminated and understood.
- Provides direct input to the Marketing team for the development of comprehensive competitor tracking, including identification of current and future competitors by market, competitive book of business, organizational structure, staff changes, product line, features and benefits. Ensures competitive profiles are accurate and up-to-date, and competitive positioning and branding is on target.
- Represents the business beyond the sales department by participating in trade shows, sales workshops, sales seminars, health fairs, industry events and conferences for the purpose of collecting qualified leads and pertinent sales information as well as to keep up with market trends.
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years’ of progressively responsible sales experience in the healthcare industry.
- 2+ years' management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Business Management, or any other related field required or an equivalent of this requirement in directly relatable work experience is also acceptable.
- Advanced understanding of the strategic sale and what is required to successfully sell complex clinical solutions.
- Proven ability to interact and present ideas and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience building and implementing strategy to network and gain senior-level contacts.
- Strong sense of urgency, with the drive and knowledge to navigate multi-level relationships with complex customers.
- Deep understanding of needs-based selling strategies and ability to uncover underlying customer objections and concerns.
- Ability to think strategically and create plans unique to a prospect given their situation in the marketplace and business issues.
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to clearly articulate a value proposition that resonates with a prospect organization and its buyers.
- Thorough understanding of the consultative, customer-focused approach to the sales process.
- Established track record of profitable revenue bearing account attainment and strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record in sales, with the ability to develop strategic sales plans and manage a sales team across complex business lines.
- Strong financial acumen.
General Job Information
Healthcare, Management/Leadership, Sales
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred