At American Outdoor Brands, we are proud to offer some of the most popular names in the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast markets!
We are dedicated to creating, growing, and preserving strong consumer brands that deliver innovative and high-quality products. Our efforts focus on meeting theneeds of consumers who have a passion for the adventure, freedom, and personal inspiration offered by embracing the great outdoors. We have successfully grown from a single firearms operating division founded in 1852 under the iconic Smith & Wesson brand to four operating divisions today.
With more than 18 highly respected consumer brands -- and growing -- we are well positioned to serve the large outdoor lifestyle products market opportunity. American Outdoor Brands Corporation represents our enhanced strategic direction, our broad range of product offerings, and our plan to continue building upon our portfolio of strong American brands. American Outdoor Brands Corporation serves as the holding company for the historic Smith & Wesson Corp., Battenfeld Technologies, Inc., and Crimson Trace Corporation, which represent our firearms, manufacturing services, accessories, and electro-optics divisions.
We have only just begun our journey toward achieving our vision of being theleading provider of high-quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast. This large and growing market is populated by active lifestyle consumers who pursue their activities with passion and seek out brands they can trust. With a track record of creating, preserving, and acquiring respected brands, we remain committed to our future growth -- focusing on brands that best supportthe needs and lifestyle of our valued customers.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer, and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected byapplicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to workin the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined inthe International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.
Under the general leadership of the President of the Accessories Division, theVP of Sales (Shooting Accessories) will be managing all sales, strategies, promotions, and customer relationships. This position will also lead and develop a sales team, which includes several strategic independent rep groups in assignedterritories. The successful candidate will have the drive and vision to set and achieve specific goals (territory, customer, product, etc.), strong interpersonal skills, and team building capabilities. This position is considered a member of theAccessories executive team and "fit" will be incredibly important among an emerging entrepreneurial and collaborative culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish long term sales and gross margin goals and drive accountability for short-term progress, taking necessary action as needed to ensure sales targets are achieved
- Develop, manage, and execute annual/quarterly sales plans and forecasts in support of organizational strategy and objectives
- Actively participant in new product idea generation, and collaborate withproduct and marketing teams to create a seamless go-to-market strategy for both new and inline product categories
- Research market trends and suggest changes to sales strategies, when necessary
- Build, grow, and maintain domestic and international customer relationships
- Play a hands-on role with the field sales organization, maintain a personal presence and high visibility in the field, and directly participate in customer sales meetings at key accounts. Apply the highest-leverage activities toidentify, negotiate contracts, and close major deals with support from corporate counsel and other key executive staff
- Direct the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Provide customer-focused field input and analysis to internal departments toassist in the development of market-driven business strategies and programs
- Ensure communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives, and meet organizational expenditure requirements
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research, changes in demand and competitor analysis
- Work with other key executives on multiple channel selling strategies (brick-and-mortar, ecommerce, etc.)
- Build, develop, and manage sales team and independent rep groups capable ofcarrying out needed sales and service initiatives
- Collaborate with various functional units within the organization to ensurethe achievement of the company's objectives and service the needs of its customers
- Participate in the development of sales systems and processes to properly evaluate customer and product performance
- Other duties as assigned
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of sales management experience or equivalent
- Industry experience and knowledge preferred
- Sales and service systems development and deployment experience
- Team development and management experience
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent command of the English language in both verbal and written skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Strategic thinker, with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-5 year time span
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- Commitment to company values
- Willingness to travel frequently (40%)
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Works in an office environment
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
- General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment,with fork lift and other general hazards.
- Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.
- The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be requiredwhen a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.