Responsible for leading and growing sales for the SMB Managed IT Market Segment. Oversees sales forces responsible for sales of company products and services; responsible for executing the sales strategy to drive growth of company revenue and attainment of profit goals. Has full responsibility for the selection, training, development, performance management and leadership of the sales force for assigned areas. Sets and implements vision, strategy, and direction for assigned areas. Works closely with Product Management and Marketing leaders to ensure products and marketing strategies are in line with the needs of the customer.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
· Directs sales strategy and activities for company products and services. Sets the vision for growth. Plans, directs, and coordinates the efforts of assigned sales personnel toward attainment of goals and objectives. Gain new account penetration and achieve distribution of new products and services. 30%
· Develops and grows client relationships to accelerate the company’s vision. Develops and responds to RFPs, delivers sales presentations to clients, and closes sales. 25%
· Provides advice and guidance to staff regarding sales methods and processes; ensures appropriate training for staff. Participates in the selection process for new employees to ensure adequate territory coverage and bench strength. 15%
· Determines quotas and assists with difficult or large negotiations. 10%
· Develops and manages sales operating budget. Tracks and reports budget attainment. Forecasts revenue for assigned areas. 5%
· Guides preparation of sales activity reports and presents to senior management. 5%
· Monitors industry and competitor’s products, sales tactics and marketing tactics; makes recommendations for course adjustments based on analysis of trends. 5 %
· Participates as member of Sales and Marketing leadership team. 5%
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Education & Knowledge Required
Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, or related field required; graduate degreepreferred.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
Min 10-15year’s total experience; min 5years in a senior sales leadership role in SMB IT solution sales. Experience must include sales, sales management, marketing, operations, and strategic planning. Additional expertise required in relationship management and key account management. Must have experience in Managed IT Industry trend research and analysis, technology trend research and analysis for the SMB market, competitive intelligence gathering and analysis, and fluent knowledge of future business environment trends. Strategic and tactical business technologyexperience a definite plus for the SMB market..
Must be an excellent communicator, comfortable interfacing with multiple prospects across multiple states via the phone, mail, and in person. Must be able to generate sales leads, respond to RFP’s, make sales presentations, and close sales. Demonstrate ability to utilize proven sales tools that drive and measure improved productivity, accountability and client acquisition/satisfaction. Have proven experience with training remote sales professionals to achieve revenue and profitability goals. Interact with and support ongoing relationships with senior management at key accounts. Apply analytical, numbers-centric logic and comfortable with ROI-focus. Demonstrated management of a nationally disbursed sales/marketing organization. A proven record of exceptional sales performance leadership and training. Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients. Highly effective presentation skills to all levels in an organization. High degree of initiative and persistence along with strong sales, persuasive, and negotiations skills. Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and planning skills.
Manages and accomplishes results through 3-10 Directors, Managers, Account Executives, and/or Engineers. Determines and establishes departmental structures and supervisory relationships, subject to senior management approval.
Communication & Contacts Required
Significant contact with all levels both internal to the organization and with Clients, Prospects, Suppliers and Business Partners. Represents the division as prime internal and external contact on contracts or operations. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives. Interacts with all level managers concerning matters of significance to the company.