VP Sales, Risk Management & Carrier Relations
Confidential Company • Downers Grove, IL
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 03/27/18
Downers Grove, IL
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 03/27/18
- Develops strategic sales business plans and procedures for designated territory and assigned targets
- Develops plans to meet client service standards and reporting needs
- Populates all sales activity into CRM system (salesforce.com)
- Coordinates post sale activities by facilitating the transition and implementation process of new customers
- Facilitates cross marketing strategies with other company entities and strategic partners as well as manages product and process improvements that are related to the strategy
- Coordinates RFP activity from proposal development to close of sale
- Remains current and aware of market trends, competitive practices and customer needs
- Represents York at conferences and seminars
- This person will be a catalyst of growth for the Risk Management/Carrier Direct business
- Drive top line growth and profitability, and overall financial management
- He or she will play an active business development role in winning new customers, and work diligently to strengthen and broaden existing customer relationships.
- The person will serve as an articulate and persuasive spokesperson that is able to market and sell the company to sophisticated large Risk Management/Carrier Direct customers – Self Insured employers, excess and reinsurance carriers, et al.
- This person will make a minimum of 10 face to face appointments with prospective new customers each month.
- This person will make a minimum of 20 outbound prospecting calls (dials, e-mails) each month.
- This person will make a minimum of 24 formal sales presentations during the calendar year regarding York products, systems and outcomes capabilities.
- Marketplace Expertise and Relationships: The position requires an expertise in the Risk Management/Carrier Direct marketplace primarily in the state of California as well as existing relationships with SI Employers, excess carriers, brokers, reinsurers, captive managers and other stakeholder of Risk Management/Carrier Direct risk financing mechanisms.
- Strategic Thinker: The successful candidate will take advantage of the great leverage of York in creating market opportunities to leapfrog competition and create barriers to entry. He or she will be familiar with how to develop an expanded strategy beyond the existing base of business.
- Ability to See New Opportunities for Growth: The candidate will be able to take his or her previous experience and relationships that generates new revenue. The candidate will evaluate multiple factors in the creation of an annual, written business plan that can be well articulated and executed upon.
- Strong Communication Skills: The position requires the ability to draft business plans for distribution, and communicate effectively and consistently with a diverse group of colleagues and marketplace participants. As such, strong use of word processing, data base, and internet communications is a must.
- Fit within Existing Culture and Values: York has a strong existing culture that includes customer focus, action orientation, embracing change, data driven decisions, strong options, good intentions, and personal likeability.
- Impeccable character and integrity
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally
- Results oriented
- Highly intelligent, but intellectually flexible
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Customer charisma
- Tough minded and decisive
- An executive that is fun to be around
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization
- Financially savvy
- Driven – only those with a high level of drive will be successful
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- Industry Experience. Multiple years of demonstrated success with working with SI and/or Self-administered employers, excess carriers and complex risk financing arrangements.
- Superior working knowledge of Insurance, Finance, Claims administration and Managed care services.
- This person will have had progressively more responsible positions and strongly developed business skills.
- Growth Track Record. Someone who places high value on growing the top line of a business while having a strong view for managing the bottom line at the same time.
- Operational Experience. The person may be currently operating a major business unit of a larger company or a standalone business.
- Complex Problem Solver. Comfortable in a complex, ever changing business environment requiring flexibility and intellectual facility in problem solving to address customer issues.