VP Sales - New Business - Midwest Market
Responsible for the design and execution of the Midwest Market Over 500 new business sales strategy. Responsible for the management of the Over 500 New Business sales team.
- Drive profitable growth for Cigna's Over 500 Market in the Midwest which includes Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota
- Manage performance of New Business Managers, Dental Sales Manager and Behavioral Client Strategist.
- Coaches individuals in professional development.
- Works with staff to build and execute individual development action plan to exceed their goals
- Coaches team in their individual development needs. Oversees and provides input to the development of market specific sales plan.
- Provides input to the development and execution of local marketing strategies.
- Develops and maintains strong intelligence capability through customer/broker contact and formal competitive analysis.
- Manages the development and execution of the market strategy to achieve sales plan.
- Achieves sales/membership growth and persistency goals.
- Ensures account specific development plans promote profitable growth and a truly integrated CIGNA product portfolio.
- Manage the provision of quality service for all customers.
- Participates in customer/client Manager meetings as appropriate.
- Works with Vice President of Client Management and Client Strategy Director to ensure delivery of a consistent Cigna experience
- Manages expenses and profitability goals.
- Develops expense plans that support operational goals.
- Follows all processes as outlined in the Sales Management Tool Kit.
- Ensures completion of all strategic planning; holds systematic meeting schedules with staff, producer and customers.
- Completes all reporting requirements on time.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of sales with healthcare and insurance industry knowledge.
- 5 years sales management experience preferred, including recruitment, selection and development of new sales representatives.
- Excellent knowledge of sales management process to be responsible for developing and executing account penetration strategy with Sales and Account Management teams.
- Successful track record in group insurance sales.
- Excellent sales cycle management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing priorities.
- Strong selling skills.
- Excellent technical product knowledge.
- Strong results orientation.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive/innovativeness.
- People leadership/development skills.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong external/customer focus.
- Financial acumen/aptitude.
- Problem-solving skills.