Asset Intelligence, part of global media corporation Informa Group, is a market-leading provider of data and business intelligence to the US construction and transportation sectors. Our brands EquipmentWatch, Price Digest, Costtrax and Fleetseek are used by contractors, government transportation bodies, insurance companies and equipment finance providers to drive investment decisions and cost management strategies for their equipment fleets & assets.
Asset Intelligence is a fast-paced and dynamic business with a fantastic team culture. We have adapted to remote working through the current crisis and have maintained a strong and entrepreneurial team spirit. We are looking for someone who has the vision, energy and experience to take a high performing sales organization to the next level. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced VP, Sales to drive our sales force, with full responsibility for sales strategy, revenue generation, resource planning & allocation and sales operations.
- Full sales revenue responsibility & accountability for +$20million PA and a team of 22 field & inside salespeople (including 2 sales directors and a sales analyst) across 3 brands
- Role models a winning sales culture, inspiring and driving the team to over-achieve
- Defines the sales strategy and commercial plan including customer segmentation and resource planning. Creates optimal sales structure across new business, account management, lead generation, client management/support
- Defines and manages the sales operations function including use of CRM; pipeline management; sales enablement; pricing; revenue reporting and KPIs. Creates strong sales metrics and reporting standards
- Responsible for overall sales forecasting, reporting and data governance function
- Creates an effective sales training, development & coaching plans, utilizing external resources where appropriate
- Defines and executes a sales commission/bonus plan to reward performance and drive the right sales behaviors
- Implements strong sales propositions, in conjunction with product & marketing. Ensures these are aligned to key customer personas, and are supported by state-of-the-art sales materials, proof points, and sales enablement mechanisms
- Develops external internal stakeholder relationships with key Asset Intelligence adjacent functions, and Informa central and group functions
- 8+ years in senior sales leadership & management capacity. Must have managed sales managers/directors as part of previous experience
- Experience in a subscription-model business highly preferred. Other key relevant backgrounds include digital media, B2B media, SAS/software sales. Technically & digital media savvy
- Proven track record of sales leadership including high-value deal-making, customer relationship building and exceeding stretching sales targets
- Highly numerate and analytical. Must have demonstrable experience of setting and exceeding robust sales KPIs. Strong focus on empirical sales management
- Skilled in recruiting, managing and motivating a high performing sales team. Experience of designing and building a high-performing sales function
- Strong background in driving sales operations and enablement: Knowledge & experience of Salesforce or similar CRM systems, including lead pipeline, dashboard reporting and opportunity management
- Skilled in identifying new product and target market prospects to secure high value new business.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a culture of seeking to understand employees and customers
- A superb communicator who can foster strong relationships both internally and externally
- Solution oriented, growth-minded and customer focused
- Experienced in leading through change and mentoring staff
- Used to working in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and exercise good business judgement to analyze and address territory opportunities
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
About Informa Intelligence
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leader, plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.