We're here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we're at it, we're determined to change the lending industry itself. It's simple, but it won't be easy. And we'll need a great team behind us. (That's where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren't just good values. They're good business. Working here isn't for people who want to punch a clock. It's for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Ensures teams support production goals by maintaining efficient and accurate operations through strategic direction, goal setting, and daily leadership. Sets expectations for conversion rates, turn times, cost per loan, and loans per employee at both the team and individual levels. Provides direction or gets involved in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions to yield the best possible outcomes. Identifies process gaps and solutions for implementation as well as process sharing with other teams which may benefit from those improvements. Works with the marketing, lead support and finance teams to optimize marketing spend, conversion and income margins.
Coaching and Training
Avails him/herself of all available training that will afford him/her a thorough working knowledge of the Company's technical, operational, loan program, and underwriting guidelines. Supports all training and coaching efforts among the sales and operations staff to ensure that employees have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet performance quality and efficiency goals. Coordinates with site Operations Managers, Training department and Quality Standards Champions to ensure all available training and communications are provided to operations staff in a timely and thorough manner.
Ensures sales and processing teams meet established financial and budgetary targets; employs a variety of capacity management and resource management techniques to do so, including, but not necessarily limited to: budget variance reporting, performance metrics management, and implementation of cost controls. Direct involvement in lead management, telephony systems and marketing.
Resolves escalated customer service issues. Ensures all escalated loan level scenarios are followed-up on promptly and thoroughly, and communicates resolved issues to all stakeholders to avoid similar problems from arising in the future.
Accountable for recruiting, hiring, and staffing the sales and processing teams with qualified individuals. Guides performance management activities to ensure they are administered in a timely and effective manner in order to recruit and retain a high-performing, engaged staff. Performance activities include, but are not necessarily limited to: recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, performance improvement plans, coaching and training, scheduling work hours, and cross-training. Partner with Recruiting department to ensure best in class candidate experience
Strategy and Continuous Process Improvement
Identifies strategic opportunities to improve processes within and between departments and sites.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
Proficiency in each of the following competencies is required:
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, across all levels, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; is able to prioritize tasks and concentrate his/her time on the highest priorities; can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to meet goals successfully; bottom-line oriented; pushes self and others for results.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job, as required.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of concepts and ideas; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of an unfamiliar task.
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Business Acumen: Understands how the business works; knowledgeable about current policies, protocols and practices affecting the business.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve different problems with effective solutions; probes multiples sources for answers; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions based on a balance between analysis, experience and judgment.
- Process Management: Effectively determines the processes to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and/or combine tasks into an efficient workflow; can simplify complex processes.
- Planning: Accurately scopes length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; develops schedules and task/people assignments; measures performance against goals.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Creativity: Devises new and unique solutions to common problems; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions.
- Dealing With Paradox: Is flexible and adaptable when facing tough calls; sets strong but flexible standards; adjusts performance and communications based on the needs of each situation; is seen as balanced despite conflicting demands posed by any given situation.
- Political Savvy: Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates challenging issues and plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Comfort Around Senior Leadership: Can deal comfortably with more senior managers; can present to senior managers without tension and nervousness; understands how senior leaders work and think; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into team when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; define success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of people; can assess each person's strengths and get the best performance out of them; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from others and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel that his/her work is important.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
- Developing Direct Reports: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs and executes compelling development plans; is a people builder.
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; distributes the workload appropriately; maintains a two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into the work.
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future-oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods.
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; taking unpopular stands, if necessary; encourages tough debate but isn't afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; energized by tough challenges.
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; walks his/her talk.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position or equivalent combination of job related experience and education.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in mortgage sales, processing, closing, and underwriting. Management experience leading large call center operations.