Summary: The VP, Sales, New England is responsible for leading the development of the company's expansion strategy, vision and corporate objectives in other New England states. As part of the sales leadership team, the VP, Sales, New England will be directly accountable for new sales as well as the retention of profitable membership in commercial, individual, and group segments across the region. The position will manage a team that works in conjunction with many other areas throughout the company and matrix partners to drive innovation and ensure delivery of targeted capabilities. This person will develop strategy for entering new markets.
- Develop and execute a sales distribution and account management strategy to achieve overall growth and retention goals in new markets.
- Contribute to a strategic marketing plan in existing and expansion markets, including market positioning which effectively differentiates the enterprise in the New England marketplace.
- Establishes the Emblem brand in expansion markets.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to support the strategic marketing plan.
- Maintain a field sales presence as the senior sales and retention officer in the CCI and Emblem expansion markets service area.
- Develop and enhance relationships with insurance producers and other key distribution partners.
- Set appropriate goals for new sales and account management teams, which are consistent with the CCI and Emblem expansion business plans.
- Hires, develops, manages, motivates, and leads a performance-based team to maximize business results. Manages staff in keeping with the enterprise vision, mission and principles, and strategic objectives; creates environment of teamwork and shared responsibility.
- Uses customer insight and competitive analysis in the health insurance industry to cultivate innovation. Stay abreast of healthcare product trends and provide appropriate research.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Staff/Executive Team, providing regular reports to the sales and marketing team and COO as appropriate.
- Represents ConnectiCare at appropriate functions and as a representative in relevant organizations.
- Represent ConnectiCare/Emblem at appropriate functions and as a representative in relevant organizations.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned by the President & COO and Board of Directors.
- MBA or Master's Degree or equivalent combination of undergraduate degree and experience.
- 7-10 years in managed care or group health insurance position with responsibility for Marketing and Sales function.
- Experience in consumer facing business; previous experience in a health care, financial services or insurance field preferred.
- Demonstrated record of serving as a trusted advisor to leaders at all levels, including having influenced others and the courage to do the right thing.
- Organizational development and cultural transformation experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present information effectively.
- Excellent analytical ability and the ability to identify trends and opportunities.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Primarily sedentary
- Must be able to use standard office equipment