VP, Sales - Capital Equipment
Vice President, Sales
Our client, a leading global capital equipment manufacturer is interested in a sales executive with a demonstrated track record of successfully combining creative vision, strategic objectives, tactical abilities and team leadership skills.
This experienced sales executive who will help drive the continued development of a best-in-class sales organization within the US. The Vice President of Sales will coordinate all sales activities and programs necessary to drive a synergistic, high-performing, team-oriented, ethical sales culture. The successful candidate will bring proven sales management and executive decision making processes to the organization to ensure long-term company success.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Attract, retain, develop and manage and national sales staff; create and build a highly proficient sales organization
- Develop sales staff competencies; give instruction and guidance on individual sales metrics and develop improvement plans as necessary; develop ongoing and consistent training/mentoring program
- Develop short-term and long-term departmental and individual sales goals; Ensure the sales department fulfills assigned goals
- Lead sales planning and budgeting efforts for the organization
- Organize and manage sales operation projects
- Partner with VP peer group to accomplish organizational goals
- Optimize the CRM database to filter and prioritize leads, maximize conversion, as well as how to best target customers based on new product acquisitions and customer product preferences
- Develop consistent and effective contact strategies that complement and enhance the marketing plan
- Drive new business development based on market analysis – geographical, product or acquisitive growth.
- Promote and maintain a high-quality, professional, service-oriented culture among the sales team.
- Create optimal compensation plans to align employee actions and results with organizational goals.
- Creating tangible and/or intangible rewards for achievement
Experience and Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work with organizational departments to maximize sales strategies (i.e. Manufacturing, Credit, Administration)
- Ability to work collaboratively with the executive and senior management team
- Experience developing strategic direction and implementation of strategy as it pertains to the sale of capital equipment
- Experience developing a sales team - hiring, training, coaching, etc.
- Strong track record of successful sales to and knowledge of the petroleum marketing, convenience store and other related industries
- Strong experienceselling capital equipment, as well as value added products into retail and other end-user market segments
- Demonstrated existing account and new business development sales via effective training, mentoring and coaching of field sales professionals.
- Career progression, skills attained, and results achieved must demonstrate career advancement objectives.
Total Compensation Range: $138K - $175K (base + bonus)