Who We Are:
At Magellan Health, we’re proud to serve our members and help those who need us the most. We lead humanity to healthy, vibrant lives – whatever the circumstances. As one of the nation’s leading health care companies, we are building a sales team to lead us into the future. We’re hiring for health care sales professionals like you who will have a direct impact on Magellan’s future. You will work shoulder to shoulder with our leadership team, share in the vision of growth and be rewarded for your efforts.
We do not accept the status quo. We continue to innovate and introduce products that resonate, disrupt the industry, and continue to make a difference in people’s lives. At Magellan Health, 10,000 people wake up every day determined to help our members. We do this by connecting behavioral, physical, pharmacy and social needs into a complete picture of care that’s personalized, coordinated and cost-effective. We are building on our success and focusing on the future by leveraging our roots. This is career changing work!
We’re Looking For Someone Who:
• Thrives in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
• Loves working in a remote setting.
• Is ready to bring their A-game mentality to their sales work every day.
• Has a background in behavioral health sales.
• Is a great listener and communicator who loves working with others.
• Knows that as a supportive and hardworking team we are better together.
• Appreciates a healthy and balanced work-life flow.
• Is ready to grow with a company that is experiencing rapid change.
• Influences others and opens themselves up to amazing future opportunities.
• Innovates and creates new solutions.
• Is compassionately curious and always open to learning new things.
As a VP of Sales at Magellan Health you will:
• Lead a sales team, build sales plans, achieve revenue growth targets and maintain/improve client satisfaction levels.
• Assess current and future sales and business development strategies to maximize revenues.
• Serve as a senior member of the sales team with responsibility to lead the company’s sales strategy.
• Manage and enforce consistent usage of the sales process while also using data to help make decisions and forecast future sales.
• Partner with our business leaders while you will manage a book of business that includes a wide range of services and products and provide innovative solutions to Magellan clients.
• Work with a team in our newly created Magellan Health Studio where you will be on the forefront of product development and creating solutions for your customers.
• 10+ years of progressively responsible sales experience, preferably across multiple sectors of the healthcare industry.
• 5+ years of management experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field required, or an equivalent of this requirement in directly relatable work experience.
• Experience successfully selling complex products and services.
• Consultative approach to sales (understanding pain-points of customers and addressing their needs through solutions selling).
• Successful track record of hiring and managing a highly productive Sales team.
• Solid understanding of customer and revenue generation.
• Experience establishing a highly accountable, performance driven culture, critical for growth.
• Established track record of profitable revenue bearing account attainment and strong negotiation skills.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Proven ability to succeed in a highly collaborative organization.
Magellan Health, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is a leader in managing the fastest growing, most complex areas of health, including special populations, complete pharmacy benefits and other specialty areas of healthcare. Magellan supports innovative ways of accessing better health through technology, while remaining focused on the critical personal relationships that are necessary to achieve a healthy, vibrant life. Magellan’s customers include health plans and other managed care organizations, employers, labor unions, various military and governmental agencies and third-party administrators.
Diversity and Inclusion builds a workforce that values differences: Magellan Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Job Requirements
General Job Information
Healthcare, Management/Leadership, Sales
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Valid through: 11/3/2020