VP, Risk Policy ManagerThis position is within the Branded Cards Loss Mitigation Treatments team that is part of Branded Cards Collections and RecoveryRisk team.This role is to manage pre charge-off loss mitigation treatment programs (including re-age, forbearance and/or settlement programs) and loss recognition / charge-off controls for credit cardportfolio. Keyresponsibilitiesinclude:
- Evaluating the financial and non-financial effectiveness of current loss mitigation treatment policies and programs. Includes completing P&L analysis and using CHAID / CART methodologies to de-average performance.
- Developing hypotheses, designing champion vs. challenger tests, overseeing implementation and execution of tests, completing test analysis and making recommendations.
- Ensuring that loss recognition / charge-off controls and monitoring are robust and fully compliant with OCC guidance and Citi policies.
- Participating in creating system requirements for new loss mitigation strategies and representing Risk Management throughout the development of new policies and strategies.
- Working with cross functional teams to investigate and resolve identified issues and to strengthen controls.
- Representing Risk Management on inter-departmental Process Teams.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Qualifications include an undergraduatedegree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Graduate degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5+ years related analytic experience using quantitative analysis, preferably in a risk context. Credit card experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in statistical analysis with working knowledge of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS (preferred), SPSS, Statistica, S+ or some equivalent.
- Experience with SQL programming in a UNIX environment is preferred.
- Ability to independently develop robust statistical segmentation models, conduct analysis and assess impacts from collection treatments/strategies.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish solid cross-functional partnerships and networks to contribute and execute cross-functional and business initiatives.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrable analytic, problem solving and project management skills.
- Job ID: 17028195