This role manages one of the top initiatives and priority for the firm and is accountable for Branded Cards Capital Management from a Risk Management perspective. CET1/Risk Capital domains is one of the most critical and high impactful process in the Bank/Industry. This space has extreme oversight across the Industry and is often the target for Independent Risk, Internal Audit, External Audit and Regulatory Review. Main responsibilities are a) ensuring capital reporting, capital modeling and capital adequacy are well understood within the Branded Cards organization; b) providing guidance and values-based interpretation on the proper regulatory capital treatment and RWA impact.
- Update monthly Reporting pertaining to Branded Cards Risk Capital to ensure capital adequacy is well understood within the Branded Cards organization
- Values-based interpretation of RWA output with in-depth understanding of Basel model dynamics and metrics (PD, LGD, EAD, etc.)
- Provide analytical assessment linking credit risk/portfolio performance with Capital consumption. In depth understanding of credit risk cycle
- Support Risk Capital Planning process and provide monthly assessment based on performance versus expectation
- Prepare executive presentations as part of Regulatory decks and senior management committees
- Contributes to the analysis and preparation of reports for Internal Management, Regulators, Auditors, etc. that detail risks inherent in Credit, Market, Operational or other Risk Portfolios. Reporting can cover a variety of areas including but not limited to: portfolio concentrations, limit exceptions, stress testing, loss reserves or high-risk exposures. Roles
- Participates in preparing regular and time-sensitive ad-hoc deliverables to the regulators and senior managements
- Engages with teams across management Reporting to understand current Reporting deliverables.
- Conducts process reviews to ensure Reporting processes are efficient and lean.
- Understands larger themes across the firm in order to drive standardized views across reporting.
- Works with technology to ensure system enhancements are aligned with the needs of management reporting.
- Supports management with preparation of materials tracking automation progress.
- Trains new team members in standard methodologies and tools.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years consulting experience preferred.
- Highly experienced with Excel, VBA, SQL / programming
- Bachelor’s/University degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, and engineering (Master’s degree preferred).