Industry: Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 57 days ago
If so, join us at USI Insurance Consulting Group! We are part of a $2 billion, privately held insurance brokerage company with tremendous growth opportunities, and we are disrupting the insurance marketplace.
USI Consulting Group (USICG) is a premier provider of defined contribution and defined benefit plan consulting and administration services. We are an affiliate company of both USI Securities, Inc. (a broker-dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC) and USI Advisors, Inc. (a federally registered investment adviser) and a wholly owned subsidiary of USI Insurance Services LLC. We are a team of just under 300 associates and growing. We are very competitive and enjoy a strong reputation in the mid-market space, with over $50 million in U.S. revenue and an affiliated advisor with over $19 billion in assets under advisement.
USICG provides specialized expertise in retirement plan design, administration, consulting, investments, regulatory & compliance for thousands of clients nationwide in the $5M - $200M marketplace. Our clients consist of public and private sector employers, not-for-profit organizations, mid-market and Fortune 1000 companies.
As a USICG VP Retirement Plan Sales, you will be in an outside sales consulting position responsible for all aspects of the sales process from prospecting to closing business. You will be seeking out new relationships with various plan sponsors, centers of influence and strategic partners. You will focus on retirement planning to include Investment Advisory, Defined Benefit, non-qualified plans and Defined Contribution solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Primary focus on new business development, in connection with an annual production requirement, includes lead generation campaigns, cold calling, letters, etc.
• Drive consistent and predictable profitability, and organic growth to support overall revenue goals.
• Seek out new relationships with various plan sponsors, centers of influence, and strategic partners, producers and sales representatives around the country.
• Develop relationships with various plan sponsors, centers of influence and alliance partners, producers and sales representatives on a local and regional level to ensure wide distribution of all products and services.
• Demonstrate proficiency at discovery process (sales due diligence) and conceptual presentation promoting USI competitive differentiation, including proficiency at understanding, articulating and delivering the USI ONE Advantage and specific solutions customized to each prospect.
• Manage multiple facets of the sales process, including coordination of meetings, support materials, follow-up tasks, phone calls, proposals, presentations, closing business, etc.
• Input accurate and timely information into sales automation platform (CRM) relative to first appointments, follow-up appointments, conceptual/finalist meetings, etc to facilitate realistic corporate sales and revenue projections.
• Prepare for and participate actively in the Get, Prep, Close and Keep meetings for all first appointments; close presentations, and individual Producer 1:1 meetings.
• Develop and oversee preparation of proposals for USICG prospects, gathering necessary information required for the proposal to a prospect and collaborating with department heads and consultants in determining what is needed.
• Compile and send out responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Assists in the completion of RFPs that are deemed good fits for the organization.
• Drive and support cross-selling strategies for existing clients, as well as new relationships.
• Attend and actively participate in USI sales training as required including USI Fast Start.
• Other duties or tasks as may be necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in retirement plan sales.
• Requires Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses or willingness to obtain.
• Requires a strong financial aptitude.
• Computer literate. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Detailed and organized.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.