VP, Retirement Plan Sales Consultant
Location: Fort Wayne, IN USLevel: Full timeCategory: Operations
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 8 million Americans save for the future. We have an exceptional opportunity for sales professional to drive sales with Financial Professionals and strategic alliance platforms to meet assigned sales goals. Includes directly coordinating sales activities for key Plan Sponsor relationships, actively working with FuturePlan by Ascensus Internal and External Sales Consultants to drive sales and marketing.
- Strong, in-depth ERISA and plan design knowledge.
- Ability to discuss industry trends with Financial Professionals.
- Ability to learn multiple platform/product solutions; assist Financial Professionals with a plan study to ensure the appropriate solution.
- Strong knowledge of key competitors with the ability to highlight our competitive advantages without “negative selling”.
- Establish and maintain productive, working relationships with Financial Professionals with the goal of earning their retirement plan business.
- Coordinate wholesaling efforts with Ascensus Consulting Internal Sales Consultants to maximize coverage and effectiveness.
- Remain current on industry, technical and product knowledge. Complete management reports, expense reports and other special tasks as requested.
- Ability to discuss Fiduciary Solutions, including various mutual fund share classes and impact on plan/cost.
- Ability to discuss in detail operating expenses of investment products, impact of certain share classes on overall “cost” of services to Financial Professionals and Employers.
- Assist existing employers and Financial Professionals in the retention of current business (as needed).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working relationships with strategic partner platforms and DCIO firms to promote our solutions to Financial Professionals.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day today basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the retirement plan industry or 3-5 years’ experience in a business development role in the retirement plan industry.
- Proven successful sales experience of retirement administrative services.
- Superior time management skills required.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment.
- Proficient in PC, CRM and web applications.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws