VP, Retail Card Finance - At Home & DSG
This role will provide strategic and operational financial leadership to our Dicks Sporting Goods and At Home portfolios. Dicks Sporting Goods is a retailer that includes Golf Galaxy and Field and Stream located in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. is a sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear in a specialty store environment with eCommerce websites and catalog operations. At Home is the leading home décor superstore located in Dallas, Texas and is a start-up portfolio.
The role will partner with the General Manager’s in developing the growth strategies and managing key aspects of the program. Finally, this role works cross-functionally inside the organization (marketing, credit, and enterprise operations) as well as have direct interactions with our clients; Dicks Sporting Goods and At Home.
- Support the General Manager’s and cross-functional team in delivering financial commitments
- Understand key contractual requirements and ensure that we are delivering on those obligations
- Provide financial leadership included ensuring the development of key processes and financial analytics over the portfolio
- Produce financial analysis of their portfolio and identify key trends and indicators of performance for the consolidated group
- Key cross-functional member working with the marketing on investment analysis and returns, marketing fund analysis and expenditures; work with credit on segment profitability and determine the financial implications of credit actions; work with enterprise operations on cost drivers and ability to drive productivity and analyze investments
- Execute financial models including short and long-term planning forecasts, including estimates and analysis of operating results versus those plans on a rate / volume basis
- Financial leader in strategic operating committee meetings with the clients; Dicks Sporting Goods and At Home. Engage in financial discussions with the clients; Dicks Sporting Goods and At Home.
- Support growth initiatives, evaluate investment decisions and influence strategy to ensure business profitability
- Provide key ad-hoc analysis
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of degree, 10 years equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of financeexperience
- Experience in financial modeling and use of Oracle / Hyperion Systems and databases
- Strong process and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, adapt to a small environment
- Strong commercial skills and ability to interact with Dicks Sporting Goods and At Home contacts
- Experience in collaboration on cross-functional teams and leading projects/initiatives
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook
Job ID: 1800000544