This role will focus on the overall strategy, growth and profitability of the respiratory business and providing leadership for Apria’s clinical programs. This person will be responsible for actively managing and directing the team and cross-functional organization to ensure the attainment of revenue and profit goals for respiratory products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong understanding of market dynamics and customer insights in the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) market.
- Provide thought leadership for the organization and create strategies that strengthen Apria’s role and position in driving evolution and growth of this market segment.
- Evaluate new products and services within this category for portfolio expansion opportunities.
- Partner with field, back office and other functions in support of product objectives (e.g., help translate into sales strategy, operational strategy, etc.).
- Collaborate with e-commerce team to develop strategies and partnerships for retail channel growth.
- Obtain executive leadership team consensus on respective plans.
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams responsible to execute strategies.
- Refine and develop Apria’s clinical programs to ensure optimal patient and business outcomes.
- Responsible for defining company policy and process for clinical services as well as programs to support Apria’s clinical team to enable successful execution.
- Develop strategic partnerships with manufacturers to develop capabilities and solutions in support of Apria’s strategy.
- Maximize revenue and operating income opportunity from patient census.
- Collaborate with Managed Care to drive strategies that align Apria and payor priorities and opportunities for driving more cost-effective disease management solutions.
- Work with operations leadership to build competitive and efficient service model, including exploring and implementing new ways of servicing patients, and supporting training and development.Comply with all quality compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all quality compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Support regulatory, legislative and clinical initiatives for the industry on behalf of the industry as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, performance appraisal and disciplining of subordinate staff.
- Responsible for financial management of direct budget.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- MD degree is highly preferred, other related clinical degree is required
- At least 12 years related experience required.
- Strong knowledge of COPD market.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a COPD related leadership role.
- Proven track record of positive revenue and profit growth.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong product roadmap development skills required.
- Ability to drive results working across functions.
- Clinical awareness and legal / regulatory compliance acumen.
- Ability to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Self-motivation skills and ability to engage others and quickly move from ideas to actions.
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the customer’s/patients’ objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
- Occasional travel required