Develop and manage new commercial loan accounts and client relationships while enhancing existing customer relationships. To achieve this, it is expected that the role be proactive in providing financial solutions to both existing and prospective clients. Also responsible for increasing the bank's deposit base through various products, developing sound and profitable business relationships, credit assessment and exceeding customer needs and expectations while complying with regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frequently represents the bank in the business community; actively develops relationships with business owners, C-level execs, COIs, etc. and builds a network of prospective bank customers to drive deal flow.
- Builds and maintains a list of at least 15 targeted prospect profiles; strategizes and executes a call plan to meet individual and team sales objectives for the bank's various business lines.
- Manages and services commercial relationships by interviewing applicants and obtaining pertinent financial data.
- Evaluates pertinent financial information and determines whether a credit is an acceptable risk.
- Approves loans within assigned lending authority, and company policies and procedures.
- Recommends credits outside lending authority to the next level or presents to Loan Committee in accordance with established procedures.
- Ongoing monitoring of existing loans for conformity to terms and conditions.
- Actively participates with and assists senior lending officers on larger, more complex credits.
- Monitors market conditions, observing competitor impact and makes recommendations to maintain competitive and profitable product line.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all commercial products including loans, cash management, trade service products and deposits to facilitate cross-selling and enhance the client experience.
- Analyze financial statements and related information.
- Must have demonstrated skills in commercial credit underwriting, business development and portfolio management for mid-sized developers and investors.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Commercial Lending experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and tactful interpersonal skills.
- Superb people skills to work within a team environment and successfully develop and retain client relationships.
- Proven ability to cross-sell other banking products, including loans, deposits and treasury management.
- Self-motivated to work independently and take ownership.
- Effective time management and organizational skills are required.
- Must be attentive to detail and accurate when analyzing financial statements and presenting a credit package for formal approval.
- This position requires the use of sound business discretion, good judgment, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer hardware and software skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations, compliance standards, market trends and products relating to the banking industry.
- Superior analytical and decision making skills based on a thoughtful assessment of risk.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business.
- Minimum five to seven years related experience and training in commercial banking.