Responsible for the origination of residential and commercial real estate construction and bridge loans. Tasks include sourcing loan opportunities; development of new customers; maintenance of existing customer relationships; review and analysis of financing requests; collection and review of customer and third-party provider information and documentation; preparation of loan applications for credit review, and; customer communications throughout the term of customer relationships with the bank. Responsibilities also include business development activities to expand customer relationships with the bank through deposit accounts and other bank products and services. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop relationships with homeowners, brokers, builders and real estate developers in order to source and originate real estate construction loans, real estate bridge loans, deposit accounts and other products and services of the Bank.
- Screen prospective financing and banking opportunities to determine eligibility.
- Prepare and issue term sheets and letters of intent to prospective customers.
- Negotiate product terms and conditions.
- Collect and review information and documentation from potential customers, agents of the customer and third-party providers.
- Assist in the preparation of credit approval memorandums.
- Coordinate document preparation, loan signing, document receipt, and disbursement of proceeds.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations governing lending including but not limited to fair lending, privacy, RESPA as well as company operational policies and procedures, and the company’s products and services.
- Experience, knowledge and training in all phases of construction lending
- Ability to read and comprehend Bank documents, product literature, transaction reports and other typical business material.
- Skill to use word processing and spreadsheet software
- Math skills; the ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; compute rate, ratio, percent and other routine business calculations; locate routine mathematical errors; ability to interpret graphs and charts.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide instruction, write reports and memorandums, correspond using any business communication media, present to an individual or in front of a group, and effectively interact with customers and employees.
- Proven skills influencing and negotiating sales terms
- Ability to work through, collaborate on, and explore solutions to complex problems
- Strong knowledge of effective sales techniques
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years’ experience in real estate sales; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Previous sales experience in banking environment desirable