The Relationship Banking Manager is responsible for the overall administration, management and operational efficiency of an assigned banking office. In this role, the Relationship Banking Manager will drive the business development and sales management activities of the banking office and support the bank’s strategic initiatives to provide exceptional service and achieve goals and revenue targets.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the banking office to ensure exceptional client experience, performance standards are met, risk mitigation, compliance and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for attaining banking office goals via active business development and sales management activities.
- Develop and implement business plans and organize marketing activities.
- Acquire, manage and retain meaningful relationships.
- Deliver exceptional client experience and find creative solutions to everyday challenges.
- Lead by example, adhere to Opus Bank Code of Conduct, and set the overall tone of the banking office.
- Effectively partner and refer to internal and external Opus Bank partners.
- Cultivate Centers of Influence/COIs and socialize to promote new ideas, strategies, and or products.
- Manage to FTE guidelines and actively recruit new team members.
- Responsible for team member on-boarding and training as well as measuring the performance of team members. (Training includes but is not limited to bank products, services, processes, policies and procedures.)
- Prepare and implement effective performance evaluations, ensure completion of established goals, and develop actions plans for continuous improvement.
- Champion of change management and facilitator of change to support the bank’s strategic initiatives and direction.
- Develop non-interest fee income, manage cost of funds, and generate revenue.
- Responsible for adherence to all compliance and security programs, including but not limited to, completion of all required and assigned training modules and certifications by established due dates and deadlines.
- Provide approval for various transactions within the banking office.
- Make recommendations on rate and pricing.
- Actively participate in community affairs and various networking events to increase the bank’s visibility and enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manage employees of an assigned banking office. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the office. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of financial services and banking products
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven management, sales, service, and marketing skills.
- Results driven
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and has keen sense of urgency
- Skilled communicator
- Strong ability to lead and motivate staff
- Ability to interpret financial data and reports and when necessary recommend appropriate actions
- Ensures absolute confidentiality in all areas of responsibility
Education and/or Experience:
Banking and management experience or relevant industry experience is preferred