Plans, organizes, directs, and facilitates the strategic planning process for the facility, including creation of business plans consistent with the mission and strategic plan. Provides executive leadership for assigned hospital operations in order to accomplish organizational and departmental strategic goals and objectives. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor’s degree in business management or healthcare related field
Minimum of eight years of progressively increasing management experience, with a demonstrated record of leadership and accomplishment.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and relevant trends.
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic and business planning concepts and practices, and ability to make effective presentations to diverse groups. Successful experience in affecting operating efficiencies in a clinical setting or related area.
- Ability to effectively interact with executive management and boards.
- Skilled in influencing, problem solving and negotiating with diverse groups of high-level people. Skill in negotiating with and between individuals and groups of people, including Associates, management, and physicians.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials, such as business plans.
- Excellent communication skills including a high degree of professionalism and personal presence.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people toward the accomplishment of work and organizational goals.
- Experience in long-range strategic planning and the preparation, implementation and monitoring of operating budgets.
- Ability to develop and implement evaluation/control mechanisms required to foster improvement and quality of care in a clinical setting.
- Sound judgment sufficient to ensure the integrity of clinical operations and to provide exemplary leadership in the development of teamwork among staff, as well as in setting performance and motivational standards for Associates of areas of responsibility.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Key member of the Executive Team.
- Develops and implements business plans to expand access to Le Bonheur and to deliver high quality care within the region.
- Proactively consults and advises system leadership on strategic planning, business opportunities, and market issues.
- Provides leadership in business development teams to develop and implement business plans identified in service line strategic plans.
- Monitors healthcare industry trends and markets, formulates environmental assessments and makes strategy recommendations.
- Conducts analyses of business opportunities and assesses their effectiveness and consistency with strategic objectives.
- Consults with corporate and affiliate leaders on business and strategic planning issues.
- Leads the development and administration of hospital policies and procedures for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership for select clinical ancillary services.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationship with the University of Tennessee as it relates to our academic and research missions.
- Works to develop strong hospital and physician relationships. Consistently works collaboratively with and serves at the boards of various professional, civic and service organizations as a representative of the hospital.
- Represents Le Bonheur at various community organizations and events.
- • Oversees development of strategies, budgets, plans, and overall direction for achievement of goals for assigned areas of responsibility.
- • Develops strong working relationships and partnerships with physician/administrators, other hospital administration and departments to facilitate evidence-based standardization of processes.
- • Investigates new developments in healthcare practice and technique and recommends programs for specific patient care needs.
- • Ensures compliance with standards and regulations from local, state, and federal governments.
- • Assigns and manages contracts with outside consultants, research firms and data suppliers.
- • Develops and ensures comprehensive quality programs in assigned areas.
- • Provides operational leadership for clinical ancillary services assigned.
- • Advises the CEO/President of matters regarding hospital operations and operational impact.
- • Responsible for establishing and monitoring performance expectations in areas of responsibility.
- • Develops operational staffing plans for the areas of assigned responsibility.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.