- Develop strategies, processes and plans that enable the sales team to achieve their revenue goals.
- Develop and drive routines that drive key sales processes such as contract renewals, RFP’s, pipeline development, bank partnering, etc.
- Drive and ensure alignment with treasury and technology partners.
- Drive a culture of substantive client interaction that focuses on revenue, retention and client experience.
- Accountable for client attrition and price compression across the entire Business Consultant team.
- Serve as an integral member of the management team and develop strong relationships with key bank partners, product and support partners, and other business partners as needed.
- Responsible for selecting new team members, arranging appropriate training, managing performance, and identifying and addressing obstacles to ensure individual and team success.
- Coach team members and partners to exceed performance expectations utilizing our CRM tool (Salesforce).
- Leverage product and process knowledge to coach associates and ensure best practices are shared across the team.
- Manage team using a consistent set of management routines to monitor and evaluate team performance against goal attainment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7+ years of sales experience successfully selling to merchant business clients to include C level executives in targeted industries.
- 5 year sales management experience.
- Strong communications, including oral and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment.
- Ability to consistently drive aggressive revenue results with a geographically distributed team.
- Significant experienceworking within the payments/merchant services industry.
- Leverages data and observation to coach associates to achieve stretch performance goals and the ability to effectively manage low performing associates.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Extensive product knowledge.
- Ability to build and sustain productive relationships with key business partners and establishing strong partnership with bank leaders.
- Ability to think creatively on opportunities to grow revenue, deepen client relationships, and penetrate portfolio.
- Ability to drive strategic and operational initiatives within team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn various sales applications such as AMA, Salesforce.com, and 1Star.
- Standard office environment: work typically involves close visual acuity on a computer to access view, read, prepare and analyze data and other written communications.
- Travel of 60-75% is required to perform essential functions of the role.
- Responsible for supporting regulatory requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other Anti-Money Laundering laws, rules, and regulations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.