The VP, Sears Region Leader drives business results by creating and implementing a strategic vision within the region. Utilizes creative and innovative ideas to drive sales through member engagement while leveraging local opportunities for business improvement and efficiency. Strategically plans and implements business and marketing priorities, and total store operations within assigned area. Champions the deployment of company and local initiatives that improve sales performance (EBITDA), margin, and retail excellence.
Inspires others and builds a culture of change at all levels of the Region while cultivating highperforming teams.
- Ability to manage remote teams
- Multi-department store management skills (Apparel, Hardlines, Marketing, Operations, Consultative Sales, Omni-Channel Retail)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes, and develop and implement solutions
- Knowledge of financial operations and processes; analytical skills to diagnose deficiencies atroot cause
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skill in selecting, assessing, coaching, and developing managers at all levels
- Ability to form strong partnerships across reporting relationships
- Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports
- Strategically improves sales by driving initiatives, delivering profitable contribution, improving overall gross margin, and optimizing expense controls while identifying fiscal opportunities for their region. Creates and delivers a Region Profit Plan.
- Sets measurable standards to be implemented by their Market Leaders; inspires market leaders to deliver profitable contribution through creatively driving sales/marketing initiatives, improving overall gross margin, EBITDA, optimizing expense controls, and identifying areas of opportunity; fosters entrepreneurial sprit within each Market Leader
- Creates an attitude of service throughout the region, focused on understanding members' specific needs and offering the right products and services in each market; supports Region Directors and Market Leaders when adjusting space planning and merchandise/inventory strategy in order to provide an exceptional member experience; confirms each market is properly staffed with associates who are "brand ambassadors" positively representing the company and building relationships with our members.
- Demonstrates courageous leadership that grows trust and fosters open communication throughout the Region; encourages open and honest communication in all directions of the organization.
- Establishes consistent standards of performance and accountability throughout all markets; creates and drives a selling culture and member experience that leverages all available tools; Actively champions the consultative sales environment, ensuring Marketl eaders and store teams are following the Members First Engagement (MFE) selling processes, performance management and fosters strong relationships with Logistics, Delivery and Service partners; proactively implements and monitors action plans to close gaps across the region.
- Builds a multi-channel selling culture throughout all stores focused on understanding and meeting member needs. Determines integrated retail (IR) initiatives for each store; holds Market Leaders accountable for driving a selling experience that leverages the use of IR tools in each store. Proactively implements and monitors action plans to close gaps across the markets.
- Serves as the champion of social/digital technologies to build internal and external networks; remains on the cutting edge of the application of new technology to better enable workprocesses and solutions; educates market leaders on the value of new technology. Ensures that each market utilizes social media to grow profit and become embedded in the community.
- Strategically guides each market to implement local marketing and activation events, focusing on increasing store profits, driving additional sales opportunities, improving margin and expense control, and are focused on our top members to drive conversion.
- Implements clear expectations around all core operational processes and store standards. Evaluates and analyzes reporting to identify opportunities for improvement in store operations, shrink reduction, and developing the business operating model.
- Provides guidance to market leaders to ensure all company initiatives such as Shop Your Way, credit, leasing, layaway, integrated retail and misc. income opportunities (protection agreements/merchandise replacement agreements) are performing above goal.
- Participates in leadership development planning for all levels of leadership within the Region, in order to create a high performing team. Partners with the region directors and market leaders to identify and develop high potential leaders of the future. Works with human resources toexecute a plan for attracting, selecting, and developing strong talent.