Teach For America’s Recruitment Team (RT) is charged with recruiting a high-quality, diverse, and large corps that fuels the broader movement towards educational equity across our placement regions. In this pursuit, the Recruitment Team engages with leaders across college campuses and professional career sectors to discuss the challenges of educational inequity in the nation and inspire them to choose the corps as a means of expanding opportunities for kids and building a long-term commitment to social equity. Teach For America’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness is reflected in all aspects of our work and culture, as we actively seek to de-center aspects of white dominant culture and traditional archetypes of “strong” recruiters. The RT seeks to ensure all team-wide actions and initiatives reflect this lens of equity, and ultimately support team members to lean into their own strengths and passions as they seek to build a truly diverse corps.
The Vice President, Professional Recruitment Team (PRT) will execute on the following responsibilities:
- SET VISION & DIRECTION for the professional market by defining key strategies and management systems that will enable the team to execute exemplary, outcomes-driven strategies and meet the RT charge of inspiring diverse, equity-oriented leaders to apply and join the corps.
- HIRE, SUPPORT, & COACH an agile and learning-oriented team. The VP will assess the team’s learning and development needs and work with L&D team members to design and facilitate successful ongoing training to support team to meet and exceed goals, while establishing culturally responsive coaching practices and systems. The VP will play an active role in the coaching and overall development of team members to ensure optimal performance and professional development.
- ESTABLISH & MAINTAIN A STRONG TEAM CULTURE that exemplifies Teach For America’s core values, our commitment to DEI, and our pursuit of becoming more activity anti-racist.
- MANAGE 2-3 direct reports at the Senior/Managing Director level, and an overall team of 15-25 staff members to ensure the PRT collectively meets or exceeds all key performance indicators.
- COORDINATE AND PARTNER with other TFA teams (analytics, marketing, regions, admissions, etc) to pursue innovations and create opportunities in support of professional recruitment
- COMMUNICATE with the Senior Vice President, Recruitment, to consistently assess progress toward PRT team goals and priorities. The VP will coordinate across the Leadership Team to ensure a cohesive & holistic RT strategy and execution. They will communicate with members of the PRT to share key information not otherwise shared by a central communicating body (such as the People & Performance team, or Office of the SVP). Additionally, they will represent the PRT and the perspectives of PRT west team members in planning and strategy conversations.
THE MUST HAVES
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and with cultural competence across diverse groups
- Significant management experience required. Experience managing through layers and experience managing a geographically dispersed team preferred.
- Teach For America recruitment experience preferred.