Lineage Logistics, one of the world’s largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics companies is seeking a VP of Real Estate Investments. Lineage is an organization backed by investment firm Bay Grove. The focus of the position would be to seek to expand its real estate investment platform throughout the United States.
Lineage Logistics is searching for a candidate that can lead in new real estate acquisitions and contribute to Asset Management as well as support future growth of our organization.
This candidate would initially focus on new real estate acquisitions in the U.S. to help us grow our existing footprint. The ideal candidate will have food industry real estate investment experience within the cold chain with direct experience developing, buying and selling large properties/assets. Candidate will seek out and uncover opportunities in all markets that support Lineage growth and generate deals through networking within cold chain industry.
Under limited supervision as to broad objectives, the position is directly responsible for sourcing new real estate equity and debt investments in assigned territories that meet Lineage’s investment objectives. The Vice President is responsible for all aspects of the investment process including: sourcing, due diligence, negotiation and closing. The Vice President will work closely with principals at Bay Grove on transactions.
- Accountable for, and oversees the origination, structuring, and closing of real estate equity and debt transactions in assigned territories to meet company investment objectives and customer specification
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Partners and Intermediaries in assigned markets
- Prepare written material and makes oral presentations for required approvals
- Responsible for the integration of key internal and external business partners into the investment process
- Deal Sourcing: Oversee and be responsible for sourcing new acquisitions and working directly with others within the organization
- Financial modeling: Oversee and be responsible for financial modeling and analysis on new acquisition opportunities
- Investment Memos: Oversee and develop internal investment summary material and reports to internal Lineage stakeholders as well as to Bay Grove’s principals for required approval(s)
- Due Diligence: Lead and/or manage the due diligence process for new acquisitions including but not limited to; market and comparable rent and sale research and analysis, residential and commercial lease analysis, physical inspections and tracking, third party reports, lenders, legal and zoning review, property site inspection, capital improvement assessment(s)
- Established presence within associations and strategic conferences to market the organization and create opportunities
- Oversee and work alongside existing Asset Management professional(s) in developing internal and external investor reports for future and select current projects
- Track market rent development, supply/demand dynamics, and vacancies in key markets
- Perform investor reporting calls/meetings as needed
- Oversee annual Valuation and performance tracking used in track record
- Work with appraisers on asset valuations
- Assist and work with Lineage Senior Leaders, Bay Grove, and Real Estate team to support team to prepare investment offering memorandums and various market study presentations
- Support team in developing track record materials for existing and new investment partners
- Established Top performer in real estate private equity or other investment firm focused on real estate
- MBA or other advanced degree in real estate is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Preferred 10+ years or more of experience as an analyst or investment associate in one of the following; real estate investment banking, real estate private equity, or commercial real estate brokerage
- Significant Experience writing investment memorandums and/or overseeing the production of investor presentations
- Ability to leverage existing network of brokers and property owners to generate new acquisition opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook (ARGUS is a plus) Proven track record of sourcing, negotiating and closing real estate and equity transactions ranging from $10MM - $100MM+
- Strong network within the US real estate industry; experience dealing with single sellers, RE brokers and private equity owners
- Proven relationship building skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Develop people and build teams
- Strategic planning and continuous improvement
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Focus on the customer
- Managerial courage and making tough decisions
- Dealing with ambiguity