Description: The VP, Quality, Safety, and Regional Chief Nursing Executive for KP Washington oversees Nursing, Quality, Safety, Clinical Improvement, and Prevention. The VP partners with the WPMG Medical Director for Quality. The VP is a member of the senior leadership team for the Care Delivery system. Nursing is responsible for the safe delivery of care across the region. The Quality program is accountable for regulatory accreditation/compliance, patient and employee safety, clinical measurement and guidelines, quality management systems, and resource stewardship.
- Provides regional strategic direction and vision for KPWA-s nursing staff members.
- Assures practice according to legal & professional scope & professional practice standards.
- Assures the safe delivery of care through standards, policy/procedures/practice guidelines.
- Serve as the KPWA & Central Inpatient Hospital Chief Nurse.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships within nursing and across clinical disciplines.
- Accountable for executing KPWA business plan to lower medical expenses and reduce clinical variation.
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates programs to support knowledge and skill development of nursing staff.
- Forecast trends in the utilization of nursing services.
- Leads establishment of relationships with academic partners to enhance collaborative efforts in the preparation of healthcare practitioners and to increase access to nursing research
- Works collaboratively with HR-Labor Relations to identify strategic direction for labor management.
- Represent KPWA in regional, state, and national nursing and healthcare arenas.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as executive in healthcare systems leadership role.
- RN and Master-s degree in Nursing - MHA, MBA or MPA or Master-s level training with experience in a health care business leadership
License, Certification, Registration
- Progressive executive healthcare leadership experience in large complex health system with oversight of administration, budget, staffing, clinical quality and service accountability.
- Experience leading system wide initiatives, interacting across multiple divisions and departments. Progressive nursing clinical/management/leadership experience in healthcare settings
- Progressively responsible healthcare management experience, including work in business development and/or network operations
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of health care delivery systems and the breadth of clinical care and services. Demonstrated skills in financial management; ability to go -beyond the numbers- in determining a care delivery system-s business practices, cost-reduction and productivity strategies. Record of positive relationships with providers, managers and staff that strengthen engagement, quality and service; ability to select and develop effective managers.
- Record of positive relationships with providers, managers and staff that strengthen engagement, quality and service; ability to select and develop effective managers
- Ability to communicate effectively within a large, complex, diverse organization, and to its customers
- DNP or PHD preferred
- Formal training and use of process improvement methodologies, change management in large scales systems/multiple settings, and direct management of patient care services.