The Vice President, Quality is responsible for developing and executing global quality strategies to support the Edgewell business objectives. Executive management responsibility for the Quality organizations includes the oversight of all product families including FDA/EPA regulated products, OTC drug products and cosmetics, and includes the Post Market Surveillance and Global Compliance functions. This position is accountable for ensuring the integrity of products with consumers; ensuring EPC meets all quality standards and is compliance with relevant governmental regulations. Act as a consultant to the R&D, Legal and Commercial organizations on global quality and compliance issues. Communicate and resolve FDA/EPA and other regulatory compliance issues. Responsible for developing and implementing Quality strategies, policies, and objectives consistent with the Company strategic plans.
- Provide the “Quality” oversite to all EPC activities
- Ensure all products are manufactured to Edgewell’s Quality standard using the appropriate Quality Systems and that the manufacturing facilities (internal/external) are compliant with all government regulations.
- Support efforts to build Quality into all products, including pre-launch evaluation of new products.
- Support efforts to build Quality into all relevant EPC systems
- Ensure that Post Market Surveillance processes effectively support the EPC business units and meet regulatory and consumer’s expectations
- Support efforts to reduce manufacturing costs and improve efficiencies.
- Ensure that appropriate quality performance measures are implemented and reported as required.
- Manage risk mitigation activities, and work with business teams to minimize exposures and risks as appropriate.
- Prioritize and direct the work of the staff and communicate timetables regularly to ensure commitments are met.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, advice, guidance, counseling and direction to staff.
- Recruit and train personnel to maintain a position of technical excellence. Set high standards for performance, hire qualified professionals, and provide necessary resources and training for staff to perform at optimum levels.
- Build appropriate relationships with Operations and R&D teams, brand teams and allied resources, and provide on-going support as needed.
- Work with manufacturing, R&D, the Business Teams and Legal to ensure team alignment and clear objectives as appropriate.
- Participate as an effective member of cross-functional teams.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop technical strategies that support current and long-term business objectives.
- Ensure that all projects agreed upon are executed in a timely manner and deliver the expected results.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the departmental budget.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree (Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry or Engineering or other applicable science) and a minimum of twenty years of relevant experience in developing and implementing Quality and Compliance programs and/or risk management programs in the Cosmetic/ OTC pharmaceutical/ Consumer product industry, including roles in leadership
- A successful track record helping to build a culture of Quality compliance in which compliance and business objectives are mutually reinforcing and establishing effective reporting, monitoring, and auditing programs
- In-depth understanding of the Cosmetic/ OTC pharmaceutical/ Consumer product industry, with expertise in the body of, regulations, guidance, and codes impacting Cosmetic/ OTC pharmaceutical/ Consumer, companies globally
- In-depth knowledge of commercial, compliance and regulatory matters related to the launch and subsequent commercialization of Cosmetic/ OTC pharmaceutical/ Consumer product industry, products
- Proven track record (15+ years) of leading employees. Ability to accurately forecast human resource needs and staff requirements.
- Must be a highly credible individual capable of bridging relationships between Operations, R&D and other functional areas.
- Must be capable of quickly establishing relationships both internally and externally, and at all levels.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and ability to work across multiple functional areas, with a true sense of urgency in responding to delivering on challenges.
- A high sense of ethics and integrity with an approachable and pragmatic style to communication and application
- SVP Global R&D, SVP Global Operations, SVP Global Procurement, VP Marketing, VP Legal
- 25%-30% travel
- Majority office environment