Description: The position has primary Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Health Plan (KFHP/H) responsibility for ensuring quality care and appropriate services are provided to Northern California members and that the Region is in full compliance with all regulations, accreditation standards and licensing requirements. The position functions in partnership with Northern California Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) leadership and serves to fulfill the KFHP/H Board of Directors- requirements for quality oversight for the Region. This position assures measurement systems, operational processes, goals and investments effectively improve performance.
- The Vice President, Quality, Clinical Excellence & Regulatory Services will focus on the following major strategic areas: Key leader; Oversight and Management of KFH/HP Quality Processes and Functions; NCAL California Patient Safety (National Shared Services); Clinical Outcomes (Shared accountability with TPMG); Department Development; Recruitment and retention; Management and staff development; Training and development programs for KFHP/H staff; Results measurement expertise.
- This position has primary accountability for: Enhancing the ability of Medical Centers to achieve high quality patient care outcomes across the continuum and position Kaiser Permanente as a quality leader nationally and internationally
- Ensuring that Kaiser Permanent (KP) is positioned to maintain ongoing regulatory and accreditation compliance across the continuum of care, including maintenance of the NCQA accreditation status of Excellent for all NCQA accredited lines of business.
- Overseeing the KFHP/H Board of Directors- requirements for quality oversight for the Region.
- Overseeing the development and progression of key operational relationships with The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) and KP Operations for the achievement of safe care, quality outcomes and ongoing regulatory and accreditation compliance.
- Establishing and maintaining programs which mitigate the risk of not meeting the CMS Conditions of Participation and the State of California Title 22 regulations, maintaining the survey readiness of each facility.
- Building and maintaining responsive, motivated and efficient departments that support Operations to ensure results orientation.
- Creating and executing performance measurement best practices.
- Partnering with other KFHP/H and PMG executives to ensure leveraging of capabilities and sharing of best practices across Northern California.
- Positioning KP as a leader in major initiatives such as Safety, Regulatory Compliance, NCQA and TJC Accreditation and Clinical Outcomes across all service lines.
- Collaborating with the SCAL Region for the integration of the major components of statewide and national shared support operations across the Northern California region for Patient Safety.
- Provide interface between Health Plan and TPMG leadership for a variety of initiatives including, but not limited to, quality outcomes, CAHPS, patient safety, maintenance of Patient Centered Medical Home certification, and Health Plan regulatory compliance.
- Along with other regional, statewide and national leaders, ensure regulatory compliance and continuous survey readiness.
- In collaboration with HP Regulatory Services and operational leaders, enhances member satisfaction and the rapid resolution of concerns, addressing mitigating factors.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with the CNA contractual obligation of Quality Liaisons in each Northern California Region medical center.
- Consistently support compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente-s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente-s policies and procedures.
- Minimum eight (8) years of executive leadership experience, with a minimum eight (8) years in large scale health care systems.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience and demonstrated success in managerial roles in a multi-faceted health care system and multi-service provider setting required.
- Minimum five (5) years of escalating responsibility/work-experience in Quality, Regulatory Compliance, Patient Safety or Clinical Operations.
- A clinical license and a graduate degree in business administration, health care administration, or a related field is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated experience with both strategy and operations.
- Successful experience managing a broad range of operational and organizational issues, such as organizational redesign, improving internal operations, financial turnaround, creating a performance oriented organization, and change management.
- Leadership experience working with regulatory agencies and dealing with integrated care delivery systems and coordinated care issues.
- Leadership in driving care delivery improvement and innovation in large scale organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance outcomes through others.
- Proven ability to lead and manage through influence and change.
- Proven capability to motivate change and galvanize action through synthesis and interpretation of outcome data.
- Demonstrated success in meeting/exceeding performance expectations, with consistent delivery of results to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to balance execution of the strategic vision through leadership and delegation, with a willingness and competence to dive into the details as required.
- Proven ability to develop dynamic, constructive working relationships and partnerships with operational and physician partners.
- In-depth knowledge of, and leadership experience with, KP Program requirements for quality oversight and accreditation and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, problem solving, verbal and written communication and collaborative working skills.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategy and operations.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including but not limited to: Developing dynamic, constructive working relationships and partnerships with operational, physician and Labor partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (negotiation, listening and communication skills) characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated political savvy - Able to operate in politically complex situations and remain effective.
- Demonstrated ability to function collaboratively in a multi-entity partnership environment.
- Decisiveness, action-orientation, personal integrity, capability to persevere in difficult situations and a focus on strategic leadership issues highly desired. Incumbent should also possess an open, collaborative leadership style that promotes teamwork and partnership while achieving desired results.
Job Number: 634520