Directs, manages and executes senior level project management services on assigned projects utilizing and managing a team of professionals to provide superior client service. Projects are larger, more complex and vary in scope. This is usually a Player/Coach role.
- Assumes a lead role in the development and execution of strategy for a team.
- Contributes to the development of the business unit’s overall strategy.
- Represents Business unit in local, regional, and national industry/public forums and with clients as a senior representative of the Firm.
- Demonstrates high energy for the business, ability to energize others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- Financial management of entire project: establish & manage project budgets (including hard and soft costs), maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis, prepare anticipated cost reports and any otherreports as required by the client.
- Provide construction cost/benefit analysis as required.
- Projects may also be ground-up. Responsibilities may include, but is not limited to: pre-construction duties (e.g. programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, consultant selection, design team selection, schedule creation, contractor selection, and vendor selection), ground-breaking, and all management of all of the aforementioned.
- May oversee several projects within an assigned area.
- Design and execute marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Oversee capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources.
- Negotiate contracts with each selected team member/vendor.
- Extensive interface with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Performance management of all contracted vendors, consultants, etc.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
- Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
- Conveys acceptable practices and policies to team.
- Makes independent judgments related to operating procedures impacting assigned projects.
Growth of Company
- Demonstrates highly visible commitment to creating a “one-firm firm” by utilizing cross-discipline teams to meet client needs.
- Contributes where needed and/or requested by JLL Management Committee, Region Manager or Market Lead in the refinement of best practices of standards of excellence for the business unit and JLL overall.
- Trains and develops JLL project team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Insures that Manager and/or Regional Manager is fully and accurately informed of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception of the local, national and global reputation of the firm.
- Responsible for meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Assumes responsibility for developing and implementing a marketing strategy (including pricing) for a team.
- Assists in developing marketing strategy for the business unit.
- Leads team in identifying and sourcing opportunities to meet future business development targets.
- Assists in sourcing new business for other business units within the firm.
- Able to market all available products and service offerings.
- Contributes to the development of new product and service delivery ideas for the business unit and the firm.
- Responsible for leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Lead relationship manager for a single strategic alliance client, or serves as a key resource to multiple client teams.
- Assists client in developing real estate strategy linked to client business objectives.
- May be responsible for attracting, retaining, developing and managing a team of people (e.g. 4 or more) who are involved with a specific set of clients, functions, business unit or projects.
- May recommend and/or takes actions regarding team talent (with involvement of Human Resources) to SVP/Managing Director or Regional Manager.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BachelorDegree from an accredited institution required.
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
Years of Relevant Experience
- 5-10 years as Senior Project Manager.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client’s representatives, etc.).
- Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders.
- Ability to manage several medium and large ground-up development projects, major re-development projects and corporate interiors projects.
- Previous experience effectively supervising, training, mentoring and evaluating several project managers at various levels within the organization or team.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and MS Project. Experience leading and running numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financialreporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate real estate
- Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver superior results in client service.
- Experience working with landlords, developers and institutional owners.
- Demonstrates skills that enable the individual to successfully execute highly complex transactions. May be recognized leader within Firm for his/her area of specialization (i.e. sustainability). Assumes lead role on complex client assignments.
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP preferred