VP Program Director - Opportunity
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
VP, Program Director
What makes Gartner SCM World a GREAT fit for you?When you join Gartner SCM World, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. SCM World and its community was built on the premise that the best people to grow the profession and promote best practice are the practitioners leading and working in supply chain today. Everything we do is about orchestrating and curating the most innovative strategies, insight, expertise and knowledge from across this community to accelerate its growth.
About this role
The VP Program Director is responsible for maintaining the relationships with 12-15 Chief Supply Chain Officers of 10 Billion dollar organizations.
- Understanding Mission Critical Priorities and the challenges they are facing in today’s marketplace.
- Conducting Proof of Concept call. Walk clients through value proposition, case study and collaborate with our sales team.
- Engagement review, guide clients and facilitate on how other members of the community have overcome similar issues.
- Encourage clients to attend certain events/forum to gain peer insight, market knowledge
- Lead & manage the development of the planning, scheduling and execution of new and innovative business-critical research programs.
- Work with Territory Manager to scope and prioritize programs and associated projects within the programs.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for the overall portfolio of Supply Chain data-intensive programs.
- Manage development and implementation of technology systems and capabilities that align with and support the success of the programs.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Develop business cases and plans, and project scopes, specifying process definitions and business requirements.
- Manage multiple complex work streams within overall programs.
- Lead individual project teams; coach and mentor program and project managers and other team members, including analyst resources committed to the programs
- Be recognized as an expert in Supply Chain Research business operations, processes and systems.
- Be recognized as an expert in program management and improve the quality and practice of program and project management within Supply Chain Research.
- Continued successful planning, scheduling and execution of new and innovative research programs.
- Serves as an effective liaison between Gartner SC Research and other business units, specifically SC sales, service and product.
- Serves as an effective point person within SC Research for all matters relating to assigned programs.
- All programs are managed through their life cycle and delivered as expected on-time, on-budget.
- Communications and change are managed across SC Research and other SC BUs to ensure successful program implementation and uptake.
- Team colleagues are coached, to ensure their skill levels increased and their projects delivered successfully
Who You Are
- BS, Preferably in Supply Chain Management; else finance/business/economics.
- 8-15 Years, in Program Management, IT and/or Supply Chain related roles.
- Desktop productivity including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Advanced capabilities in Excel including ability to produce pivot tables and create custom filters. Proficiency with web survey creation tools.
- Executive-level verbal, written, and in-person facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Self-driven and growth oriented mindset, able to deliver high productivity
- Highly collaborative and flexible working across the SCm World and Gartner teams, and with CSCO's and their teams.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver with demonstrated skills to assess client situations and to provide thoughtful and meaningful support leveraging the Research Board member network and bespoke research, as well as Gartner research and a broad external ecosystem
What we offer:In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Job ID 00019873