They will be responsible for the build out of production operations and production management processes of the studio to serve the creative production needs for Sphere productions. They will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day production management of multiple shows produced both internally (and externally), including reporting and managing casting to final show mastering. This is a role for a super organized Producer’s Producer!
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Oversee production from greenlight to post-production mastering including production scope, schedules, estimates, and technical needs for MSG Sphere content creation
- Establish and lead the production office including producing, line producing, post producing, production management, resource management, budgeting and scheduling.
- The right candidate will have exceptional producing experience and will both lead a team and produce
- On board Eps, Line Producers, Directors, other talent
- Set up production office
- Casting and Crewing
- Payroll and Accounting – reconciliation
- Location scouting
- Pre, Shoot, Post-production management.
- Act as a key executive in the Exploration and Learning stages of MSG Sphere.
- Assign crew, project staffing needs and stay ahead of recruiting and training needs to keep work moving
- Develop a training plan to ensure artists grasp Sphere technical demands and are prepared to meet them
- Liaise with the Creative and Technical departments to ensure that your crew needs are met
- Collaborate regularly with creative, production and technical teammates, and NY senior management.
- Drive efficiency and improve quality by implementing tools, best practices, internal frameworks, components and standards
- Maintain relationships with external vendors ensuring all deliverables are met.
- Manage post scope for all other related filming such as behind the scenes, trailers, external Sphere content, marketing, promo videos, content library and portals.
- Identify and lead the implementation of a best in class production management toolkit(s)
- Drive process and template the work needed to stand up a production office – to include but not limited to; budgets, call sheets, shot lists, DOOD, crew lists, location check lists, post check lists etc.
- What will it take? A unicorn of unicorns with a diversified portfolio of experience in both live action production, post-production, and a deep passion to explore the new medium of Sphere, while advancing production processes, with subject matter expertise across the board.
- Previous experience in the cinema industry as HOP, Line Producer, Post Producer, Live Action Producer.
- Previous show runner and production office establishment desired.
- 15+ years of experience production live action studio and location based large productions.
- 15+ years of experience in a digital facility, working in post-production pipelines
- 10+ years of experience in leading artist teams, including involvement with recruiting, staffing,
- scheduling and training
- Experience with large format/CG/360 content creation
- Superb organizational skills with ability to create executive presentations, budget summaries, production plans, multi-project timelines, etc.
- A confident, professional, and persuasive communication style with senior leaders and team
- A passion for creative problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in high-pressure situations and adjust as multiple moving
- parts consistently change
- Shotgun experience a plus – use of production management programs a must.
- Work in a production environment with ability to work off hours and weekends as necessary.
- Experience with attaining film production tax credits and incentives within the state of California and other locations
- Oversees this department, approximately 5+ and growing people. Ability to lead, mentor, coach and develop staff is a must have
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Role will require some travel to locations via air &/or vehicle, domestic and internationally, in order to assess areas of interest or improvements on production locations
- Role will require some travel to/ from LA to NY for business meetings.
- At the time of this posting, the MSG Sphere studio is operating in accordance to local guidance on safe Covid-19 regulations. As such, a remote work-from-home onboarding to MSG Sphere work is likely. While the studio technology team will support remote work, MSG is seeking applicants local to Los Angeles with the eventual expectation of working on site in our Burbank location.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.