Who We Are (Company Overview)
Established as a startup in late 2015, Citi FinTech is the internal future-forward competitor designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services.At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. And we believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning; people who like to build new platforms, features and services. This position requires collaboration with designers, product managers, technical program managers, business teams, and partner teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our business partners and external partners to set our API strategy and roadmap. Additionally you will work directly with one of our engineering teams to deliver world class REST APIs that act as the building blocks for all of Citi’s consumer digital initiatives. The ideal candidate should be well versed in service technology, have a relentless drive to build quality products that delight customers, and be able to deliver results in large, complex, global environments. This is the perfect role for a product manager with a technical background who wants to be part of a rapidly expanding team, who is spearheading massive digital transformation, in a fast paced environment.
What You’ll Do (Position Responsibilities)
- •Serve as the product owner for a set of API products, leading a SCRUM team of software engineers and software quality engineers
- •Work with product leadership, stakeholders, and customers to define your product roadmap
- •Work directly with API consumers to understand needs, gaps, opportunities, and provide outstanding production experiences
- •Translate the product roadmap and API consumer demand into user stories and acceptance criteria that the engineering team can easily understand and action
- •Manage and prioritize the backlog of work for your team
- •Be your products biggest advocate by communicating launches, providing demos, and educating stakeholders
- •Direct the creation and maintenance of easy to understand API documentation, guides, and tutorials
- •Ensure partners who use our API have the highest quality experience
•Remain continuously informed of emerging industry trends relevant to APIs
- •5+ years of product management or similar experience, preferably with experience building services
- •Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- •Excellent communication skills that allow you to articulate your ideas to both engineers and business stakeholders
•Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environments
- Job ID: 17065790