VP Product Management ( Security )
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to lead and drive the growth of Juniper’s Security business. Networksecurity is a multi-billion dollar, fast growing market. Juniper has a large existing business and installed base, a competitive portfolio leveraging Juniper’s unique technology advantages (including SRX product line, vSRX/cSRX, SkyATP/ Cyphort, SecIntel, SDSN, and Contrail Security), and the investment required to grow and take share in the market.
However, the market is rapidly changing as customers transform their business to the cloud. In this next generation architecture, security and connectivity are critically linked. With best-of breed intellectual property and skills, Juniper is one of the few players in the market that can lead this transformation.
The right individual for this opportunity will grow Juniper’s existing security business and take advantage of the cloud transformation. They will be unyielding in their desire to win, will possess strategic thinking and a technology vision to identify and invest ahead of critical market transitions, and will have the determination to become one of the top 3 players in the market.
Role and Responsibilities
As the Security Business leader, your role includes leading the security product management and technical marketing engineering team, market segmentation and targeting, product strategy, product definition and roadmap, pricing, packaging, and promotions. Your role will also includes working with the field sales, channel organizations, and with 3rd party partners to drive insertion and scale of bookings and revenue for Juniper solutions by target segment. As the Security business leader, you will be responsible for the Security P&L.
The candidate will be a key member of Juniper’s Strategy and Product Management leadership team that defines the future of Juniper’s security and networking solutions offerings. The candidate must be a creative, out-of-the box thinker, and must be able to interface effectively and work very closely with different functions such as Product Engineering/Development, Distinguished Engineers and CTOs Marketing, Field-facing Sales and Partners, to define the product strategy and roadmap and execute on it.
We are looking for a highly energetic and driven professional with a proven track record of successfully defining and rolling out products in the Service Provider, Cloud Provider, Enterprise Data Center and Campus/Branch security space.
- Substantial experience (>10 yrs) and proven track record in the security product/ industry
- Highly motivated, high impact, energetic self-starter, passionate about security who can thrive in a high performance, results-driven environment
- Proven track record of inspiring others to a vision and actively managing a highly professional, cross-functional team
- Brilliant customer focus, used to develop and validate product and business plans
- Proven track record of developing a strategy and execution plan for multiple product lines across markets and geographies
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business strategies and priorities, manage trade-offs and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Strong experience in high growth business management and fast paced product and technology transition---looking beyond the current market to identify critical opportunities for growth
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Outstanding technical and business presentation skills for audiences that includes executives, partners, analysts, customers
- Strong technical and market knowledge in securitytechnology
- Must have a BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world's largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision - Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.