This role will lead role-specific product innovations (Gartner solutions for key roles in a Technology organization) and directly manage >$200M of Product business. This leader will have a real passion for understanding the customer role needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems. You have the drive and follow-through required to accomplish complex goals. You love nothing more than taking an idea, making a plan, and executing!
This leader will be responsible for a variety of contributions including:
- Owning the strategy development, business case, product build and launch for role-specific technology and data driven innovations
- Incubating pilot products. Identifying and analyzing key business metrics to uncover reasons for success, reasons for obstacles, and deliver needed enhancement.
- Project managing through the development process from concept through to launch. Ensuring continued impact and tracking progress of metrics post-launch.
- The ability to prioritize. Presented with meaningful imperatives and a mountain of data, identify and organize clear, concise actions.
- Be able to build, measure and learn. (Growth Mindset. Can-do mentality)
- Developing and presenting regular updates to top executives - including our CEO.
- Leading brainstorming & collaborative problem-solving sessions with Research, Service delivery, Sales and others to finalize product concept, features/functionality and successfully implement.
- Leading and Building a high performing team that work collaboratively and makes an impact for the organization.
Essential must-have skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a software product management or product development leadership role.
- Preferred product management experience in SaaS software environment.
- Strong domain expertise in IT, Technology Architecture, Security and Risk Management/Cyber Security highly valued.
- Strong understanding of lean/agile product principles and product lifecycle and experience in applying the same.
- Commercial acumen and experience (market opportunity sizing, market segmentation, pricing segmentation) etc. and building business cases presented to senior leadership
- Passionate about technology and ability to work with engineering, customer experience, and customer research teams and guide advanced analytics/ data science teams to solving business problems
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business analytics, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact.
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done.
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside your comfort zone.
- Ability to coach/mentor team members and build a work culture that welcomes different points of view that are well thought out in a constructive way that makes every decision better.