Job ID 3026289
HP delivers the #1 Commercial PC in the world, engineering the world’s most secure and manageable PC’s used by governments and international corporations. The Commercial Personal Systems, Notebook Product Management leader role is a critical part of the Product Management organization, driving to continue and expand HP’s leadership in the market.
This leader will lead a team that takes insight to innovation, defining product specifications and strategy. He/she will be fully accountable for the long-term success of the organization and its contribution to broader Company and Business Unit goals in alignment with the core, growth and future strategy.
Reporting to the Global Head of Commercial Personal Systems, this executive leadership position is accountable for leading Notebook Product Management end-to-end, from product planning through to plan-of-record (POR) and sustaining. This is a core part of the Personal Systems business, representing >$10bn in revenue and >40 platforms across the Commercial Notebook portfolio.
- Manages a team of 30+employees (including directors, managers and individual contributors), across multiple regions (US and Asia).
- Responsible for the development of strategic product roadmap, as well as execution; including strategic and tactical operations and resource plans, goals, and priorities for the organization
- Work tightly with Engineering to deliver on the roadmap, making the necessary trade-offs and timelines for delivery of the portfolio
- Balance priorities across the core roadmap, growth, and innovation projects
- Engage with executive leaders within and across the business, including Engineering, Region Go-to-market, Supply Chain, Marketing and division heads to communicate plans, guide and influence strategic decision-making, and resolve escalations
- Work with worldwide marketing to build go-to-market strategies for Commercial Notebook product launches.
- Work across partner ecosystem to find/develop strategic partnerships with product vendors.
- Consults with business leaders at the EXEC2 and EXEC3 level to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., mitigating risk, approving significant programs etc.)
Education and Experience (minimum):
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical or related field; MBA strongly preferred
- 10-15 years of business experience in Product Management or exhibiting exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business
- Typically 4+ years of people management experience
- Strong track record of customer empathy and taking insights to innovation
- Passion for products (hands on and strong technical knowledge)
- Superior understanding product design and execution management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated people leadership and team development skills
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in product design or current product management
- Demonstrated experience working with partners, R&D or customers across multiple regions
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent consulting, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including senior management
In terms of the behavioral competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Strong Business Acumen: The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to identify customer needs and use end-user knowledge to evolve product roadmaps and create effective strategies and programs to drive business growth. This person must have the skills, experience, and market/customer insight to identify and capitalize upon emerging business trends and opportunities and exceed customer expectations.
Setting Strategy: The successful candidate will have the ability to set a vision, communicate that vision, and develop the goals and objectives to enable that vision. He / She will be able to combine their strategic acumen with their operating strength to ensure strategies and programs are grounded in a deep understanding of what it takes to execute to meet customer needs. Further, they understand how to optimize decision making and track / measure success to maximize value and drive revenue.
Leadership: The successful candidate will have the ability to lead effectively in a complex environment, and deliver results; able to influence without direct authority; able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; an advocate for innovation and change across the organization, demonstrate thought leadership.
Leading People: The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence who inspires, manages, coaches and respects people. He / She will have an inclusive style; they will build trust, frank dialogue and respect, and foster teamwork. This person will also have a clear commitment to developing key talent and building future leaders. He / She empowers team members and fosters a culture of accountability.
Collaborative: The successful candidate will have experience collaborating across a matrix as part of driving best practices.
Driving Change: The successful candidate will have the experience to evaluate a current state operating model, identify performance improvement initiatives, and drive those initiatives into the organization.
Growth Mindset: Understanding of the Growth Mindset model and framework. Anticipate using these skills.