The Vice President of Product Management reports to the Chief Product Officer and is responsible for all aspects of product life cycle management required to understand and meet market and user requirements for understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field. Manages the strategic product roadmap, product vision and driving execution of the overall portfolio and product strategy to achieve the desired impact on existing and new markets. This role is responsible for guiding and leading teams consisting of both direct reports as well as matrixed employees from across the business.
- Build and evangelize Blackbaud's short-term and long-term product vision in close partnership with the CTO, Engineering and design peers.
- Deliver the strategic product roadmap while constantly reprioritizing projects based on key objectives and goals.
- Drive actionable requirements and ship products which delight our customers using our agile development process
- Work closely with customers to deeply understand their needs and anticipate market developments.
- Provide vision to see around corners and inspire innovation across the product organization.
- Use analytics tools to make smarter, more data-informed product and project decisions.
- Benchmark the industry when it comes to the competitive environment and best practices.
- Ensures product market share objectives by partnering with product marketing, sales, and partner organizations to develop go to market strategies.
- Inspire, motivate, develop and lead a team of top performing product managers building unique, market-leading, world-class products that make a difference for our customers and foster the ecosystem of good.
- At least 10+ years of product management experience with a track record of delivering large-scale SaaS solutions
- At least 5+ years of experience managing a team of product managers in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong background in agile development methodologies and engineeringtechnologies
- Experience shaping products from a strategic level with a deep understanding of tactical technical realities.
- Proven ability and desire to engage with customers, get to root understanding of their needs, and translate those needs clearly and articulately into the Product development process.
- Outstanding communication skills up, down, and across the organization.
- Exceptional strategic, visionary, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Experience working in a Pragmatic Marketing, Scrum or otherAgile and continuous delivery development methodologies.
- A solid understanding of software solutions and/or platform related technologies, ideally coupled with experience managing a portfolio of cloud, mobile, and social network applications.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and resolve challenges at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; MBA preferred