The McAfee Consumer business is searching for a highly accomplished Vice President of Engineering to lead a portfolio of industry leading consumer focused security products.
Reporting into the EVP of the Consumer Business, and as a member of the senior leadership team, you will be expected to take the engineering organization to the next level using delivery best practices such as Agile/Scrum. The expected result is frequent engagement with McAfee products and high user loyalty.
This role will have the responsibility for delivering products that fulfill the vision, strategy, requirements and experience design for products in the McAfee Consumer portfolio. The product portfolio includes web protection, anti-virus, password management, cross-device capabilities, identity protection, family protection, and others. These products are used by tens of millions of users each month.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company's future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Instill a design and quality-centric culture and way of working into everything your team does, using best practices and metrics to ensure desired outcomes
- Bring Lean and Agile processes to the daily workplace, ensuring team effectiveness
- Utilize world-class tools in an effective manner to drive agility, teamwork, efficiency and quality
- Demonstrate end-to-end accountability for business outcomes, by working with product management and marketing teams to deliver on the highest priority initiatives
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses to inform the roadmap
- Serve as a product expert and evangelist for McAfee Consumer products
- Talent Magnet: This technical leader will need to recruit a team of leading engineers who can champion the creation of McAfee's next-generation capabilities.
- Executive Leadership and Talent Development: The ability to be seen as an executive within the organization, capable of coaching/mentoring those below and groom the next wave of leaders.
- Legacy Technology Transformation: Experience within a legacy environment and adept at navigating the intricacies of migrating a business away from legacy systems, while maintaining uptime.
- Champion Agile Methodologies: A recognized expert in agile methods. Ability to lead multiple scrum teams and deliver world class solutions at pace.
- Proven years of hands-on development experience, preferably in consumer software, with demonstrated experience growing highly loyal customer bases, and ability to lead at scale:
- Ability to lead an organization of 150+ engineers while being able to manage a truly global distribution strategy.
- A high-level strategic thinker; can stay ahead of the curve and clearly understands the "big picture."
- Can successfully partner with the rest of the McAfee team to create a strong brand, product, and culture.
- Uses modern approaches to development: experience with leading edge tools and technologies, such as Agile/Scrum, CI/CD, predictive quality analytics
- Deep software engineering and technical knowledge. Possesses the necessary technical chops to command the respect of a high caliber engineering team. Can be hands-on when needed; can add value to architectural and code reviews as/when needed
- Strong business acumen and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience interacting with executive decision makers, both internally and with strategic distribution partners
- Demonstrated strength in working with cross-functional teams that include product design, engineering, sales, and marketing.