Long Island City, NY
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 79 days ago
The VP of Product is a strategic role thatreports to the SVP of Marketing & Product Development and leads the Product Lines of Businesses towards the development of product-oriented market opportunities, formulates the vision and Roadmap andworks with the team to creates plans that guide the subsequent marketing efforts for the SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise segments. Has domain expertise in engineering elements for fixed, wireless and convergentnetworks.
The VP of Product owns the strategy and future of the Product Portfolio for Business Services, and also contributes to the strategic direction of associated product portfolio. From this leadership position the VP of Product has influence in the company strategic direction by sharing market and customer insights, competitive knowledge and domain expertise.
You will be in charge of leading a senior team that is responsible for the growth of New Product Revenues and preserve the current product(s) revenues within the business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, as well as a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, and you will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
This position has a lead role in the total success of B2B Product Portfolio for SMB, Mid-market, Enterprise, and Carriers. Inclusive of this responsibility are:
• Lead manage and mentor a team of product directors, managers, and related personnel across the organization multi-functional teams.
• Own the P&L of the products and responsible for success of all lines of businesses and budget achievement.
• Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
• Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all key stakeholders with excellent presentation skills.
• Align product vision with the businesses short and long-term goals.
• Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
• Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, SVP and other stakeholders.
• Lead the Product team to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
• Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
• Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
• Responsible for the Product Development Process guidelines, execution and compliance, to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers with the appropriate processes in place to support them.
• Become the key evangelist of product and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
• Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, driving operational readiness, and working with all departments to execute.
• Understand the market needs from a new technology perspective and how it impacts the product portfolio
• Ability to talk to current and new customers and maintain an energetic, purposeful conversation, and serve as the voice of the customer in decisions made regarding future products.
• Hire, scale, and develop a high-performing team that continuously delivers market driven solutions.
• Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in science or engineering
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience with 5-10 years of product development and management experience, preferably at a technology company and 5 years additional experience as owner of a Line of Business with experience managing and/ or launching successful products to the market based on the “outside-in” approach.
• Can demonstrate clear understanding of the entire product development process. Understanding of PLM process and understands critical stages of development.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience
• Excellent Communications skills and prepared to present and interact at CXO Level.
• Knowledgeable across many functional areas, including product management, business acumen, business development, product marketing engineering, and marketing
• Ability to collaborate across teams, and lead without structured authority
• Business acumen: Need to understand business fundamentals of the market (like share gains, profitability, and addressable market) and market/industry trends. Clear understanding of cost structures and accounting principles. Ability to manage operating expenses against established budgets.
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail
• Exceptional business understanding and decision-making, team management, communication and interpersonal skills to work with CXO level executives within the leadership team and partners
• Creative thinker; idea generator
• Solid teaming and collaboration skills; good listener
• Results and action-oriented, with the ability to translate results into proactive measures
• Exhibits confidence and a positive attitude, highly diplomatic yet assertive, demonstrating passion for the product and inspiring others
• Accepts ultimate responsibility for success of the Lines of Business within the Business Services Portfolio.
Job ID: 2019-21751