At Hasbro, we embrace the unique skills, experiences, talents and perspectives of our global workforce which, combined with our culture of curiosity and innovation, generates the best ideas. We live our values of Community, Passion, Integrity and Creativity, and we're committed to giving our 5,000+ employees opportunities to build their individual capabilities, balance work and life, deliver excellence through team work and thrive personally. This enables us to deliver results in all aspects of our business.
We're seeking a VP, Product Design to lead our team at our Hasbro Studios in Burbank!
The VP of Product Design will lead several teams of world class Designers in the fast-paced toy design industry with a focus on many of our licensed Partner Brands.
This role combines a global mindset and passion for building and implementing design strategies to deliver revolutionary product experiences around best in class brands. Partnering with cross-functional teams (marketing, engineering, packaging, etc.) this leader willmaximize current technologies and trends and leverage best practices to meet the team's business goals. This high visibility member of the West Coast leadership team will oversee all aspects of design for these Partner Brands from concept to creation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
As a key member of the Global Development leadership and senior team, you will:
• Oversee the management of overall project conceptualization and design. Responsible for maintaining the overall quality, cost, schedule and development in partnership with other functional teams.
• Collaborate daily with US based marketing, research and engineering teams to create innovative, robust, user-oriented and consumer-centric new product experiences.
• Oversee the management of external design, research and technology groups, as well as collaborating closely with other internalglobal development and sourcing teams.
• Provide leadership through preparation and presentation of product review meetings and pitches to internal and external stake holders.
• Providing inspiring leadership and guidance to the Design team and to the entire West Coast office as part of the broader Sr Management group.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or Illustration required.
• Minimum of 10+ years of proven experience in a design leadership role in the consumer packaged goods and industrial design, preferably with experience in global brands targeted towards girls.
• Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills a must.