The VP Product and Portfolio Management will develop a portfolio-wide strategy that spans across the four business units and articulates how the whole creates more value than the sum of the parts and positions PAC favorably for long-term success.
- Responsible for leading the organization to identify the needs of the business and then research for new products and services, product and services enhancements and product evolution. Including but not limited to hardware, SaaS, PaaS and mobility product lines.
- Leads the initial product planning from concept through to product approval and launch. This includes the resource planning to execute Product roadmaps.
- Identify customer needs and originate new products, services and business models in collaboration with the four business units
- Build the business cases and required ROI to ensure the business targets the optimum solution for our different customers to ensure differentiation using a product-based philosophy
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technologies with the Heads of Engineering to align with company skills and capabilities
- Oversees key projects, processes and KPI’s, data and analysis. Ensure these are distributed and communicated through the organization
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring product lifecycle performance such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Support Procurement and Supplier Contracts to negotiate contracts with partners and suppliers or other applicable studies or support
- Plans and formulates future research and development proposals such as the project objective or purpose, applications that can be utilized from understanding the costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Direct creation of support material such as interactive presentations, videos; serve as outside presenter of PAC capabilities (e.g., trade shows)
- Develop presentation and RFP content to support technical and non-technical customer meetings and presentations for sales and executive leadership team members.
- Work with the Heads of the business unites to capture market requirements and develop the ROI with their buy in.
- Manage direct reports to ensure solid execution of the above
- Assume a strong leadership role with a focus on team development and creating a desirable and effective working environment.
- Work with the Heads of Engineering, Operations, functions and other leaders to ensure the proposed products and services are aligned with our overall architecture and business strategy.
- Masters or, at least, Bachelor’s degree in Product Development, Business or equivalent-related major.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in developing and executing product line strategies as head of product management or chief product officer
- 8+ years of management experience
- Experience building a Product Management team and establishing Product Management processes (Pragmatic Marketing framework), successfully bringing new products and systems to market
- Ability to drive all aspects including commercial and technical aspects of the product
- Experience across hardware, software and digital solutions and services
- Experience owning and managing a Product ROI and business case development
- Can effectively lead complex initiatives that require collaboration across lines and teams
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in technical and commercial environment
- Business planning and strategy, development and implementation of key initiatives and reporting and controlling results
- Create and communicate a clear, inspiring vision and translate that vision
- Lead high-performing teams, developing a culture of accountability
- Act as a change agent with an open and flexible approach, with strong skills to build credibility and partnerships.
- Strong judgment and the capacity to accurately assess complicated situations. Likewise, an ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Global perspective and the ability to operate on a global stage
- Strong understanding of the company’s value proposition of an integrated, managed solution.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities. Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.