VP - Private Wealth Director
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a VP- Private Wealth Director?
- Cultivates strong personal and professional relationships with key individuals at targeted firms.
- Using an extensive knowledge of investments strategies and their macroeconomic underpinnings, and understanding of how to address the special needs of the private wealth channel to influence client investment decisions.
- Researches external market trends and leverages a broad network of internal investment analysts to understand macroeconomic trends, formulate a strong investment perspective, and identify sales opportunities and at-risk positions.
- Proactively shares successes and key learnings more broadly across Franklin Templeton Investment Global Advisor Services to maximize Franklin Templeton Investment’s market share.
- Develops, oversees, and guides all sales activities - initiates contact, builds and sells highly sophisticated investment solutions using a variety of investment instruments and the most appropriate, cost effective delivery platform for sophisticated customers (in-person, phone and email communications.)
- Serves as a resource and discussion partner on thought leadership in the investment space and applicable business space. When appropriate, partners with relevant internal specialists (i.e., product, investment management, defined contributions, etc.) throughout Franklin Templeton Investments to strengthen investment recommendations and with client sales service specialists to provide sales support and service.
- Profiles and understands clients’ Private Wealth business models, identifies gaps in their model or offerings and effectively positions Franklin Templeton Investments investment solutions.
- Identifies and proactively addresses potential investment concerns of existing clients.
- Understands and parses their macroeconomic views to formulate a sophisticated investment perspective.
- Engages clients in dialogue about their business models and appropriate investment strategies.
- Manages travel and entertainment budget and expenses effectively. Maintains meeting notes in CRM.
- Uses internal and external database, systems, and resources to identify and screen potential prospects.
**Positions available in the following territories – Northwest (San Francisco), NYC and Mid-Atlantic (New York City), Central (Texas), Southeast (Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa)** What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful?
- Knowledge of the financial industry and its businesses and products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Typically has 8-12+ years related experience. Proven success selling to RIAs, Bank Trusts or Private Banks.
- Series 7 and 63 (and possibly 3, if needed)
- CFA /MBA desirable