As the VP of Private Brands, you will be responsible for growing out diverse portfolio of Private Brands products of cross consumable and non-consumable categories with a focus on Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements (VMS). You will function as the key internal influencer/stakeholder as well as the liaison to external resources in performing the duties of their job. Prepare to get measured on both strategic and economic goals that include brand growth, customer satisfaction, brand fit, speed to market and execution excellence.
Lead brand-building/planning processes, to develop and commercialize innovative quality products:
- Contribute to brand strategy within the portfolio based on trend and customer needs
- Ensure brand strategy is translated into packaging, marketing and merchandising tactics, working collaboratively with Marketing, Manufacturing, Merchandising, and outside agency partners as necessary
- Recognize white space opportunities and gaps in product assortment.
- Analyze data, sales, trends and research to develop premier brands and products that are better than any on the market, giving our Health Enthusiasts the tools to aggressively grow our business
- Own, develop and maximize existing and new co-manufactures relationship to create world class products
Educate and communicate cross-functional teams within and outside of Private Brands
- Private Brand vision, mission, strategies
- New Launches and innovations
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, MBA or MMA preferred, or equivalent combination of intellectual instruction and work experience in private brand management in a retail environment.
- Product creation, development and commercialization
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Must understand and have broad-scope experience interacting with co-manufacturers
- Proven ability to identify whitespace opportunity and new growth platforms
- Financial and analytic acumen
- Diverse team building and team leadership experience
- Brand building, marketing and brand management expertise
- Consumer targeting and insight mining
- Managing Private Brand portfolios
- 10-15 years of retailer or manufacturer experience in brand management and product development
- Minimum 5 years working in partnership with co-manufacturers
- Minimum 2-5 years of cross-functional team management experience IN