The VP, Private Banking Branch Manager role will be responsible for being the leader in the market representing Banc of California. In this capacity, the VP, Private Banking Branch Manager will be responsible for business development, community leadership, client experience, balance sheet growth, and oversee the overall operations and risk functions at the Banking Center. The primary focus of the role will include business development, working with bank partners to enhance relationships, involved in the community with key organizations and centers of influence to expand brand awareness and value, and work with the branch team to ensure strong risk, compliance, and outstanding customer service. Incumbent is to represent and direct all branch activities and engagements to support market share growth in deposits, loans and branch profitability. Responsible for originating new private and retail banking deposit and lending relationships, fee income, and client retention.
The responsibilities include leadership of the branch staff including their development, coaching and employee retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility to proactively prospect for new private banking clientele, manage and service existing clients, and deepen relationships with existing clients.
- Work closely with private banking team to segment and refer appropriate clients to the private banking team.
- Work with external COI's (Centers of Influence) and organizations in the community to foster relationships.
- Leads the assigned staff in all aspects of branch banking including sales, service, operational responsibilities and is the key business development officer for the bank in the local market
- Identifies and implements marketing strategies and plans events to support sales and service goals
- Manages the acquisition of business, consumer, and private banking clients through the effective use of targeted leads, self-sourcing new business, managing referral source relationships, and implementing and executing value-added financial presentations
- Strong business partner to other lines of business in uncovering and referring opportunities within the bank to their respective divisions
- Grows revenue by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing client relationships
- Meets with potential, new, and existing customers outside the office for lunches, sales calls, and on-site visits in order to foster and grow relationships, and overall branch deposit base
- Participates in community affairs to increase the company's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities
- Works with staff to ensure excellent customer service and sales execution. Leads staff to accomplish branch and company goals
- Provides effective New Customer Onboarding and Customer Engagement by, in part, routinely strengthening new and current customer relationships, introducing new and existing customers to the bank's products and services
- Delegates day to day branch operations to the Branch Service Manager, Customer Service Officer, or other branch personnel
- Assumes responsibility and is accountable for the operational compliance within the branch including, but not limited to, teller cash counts, certifications, new and closed account reports, CTR filing, suspicious activity reporting, elder abuse reporting, and staff adherence to company policies and procedures. Approves wire transfers up to designated limits
- Performs and reviews, as needed, all the duties of the branch operations staff to ensure audit compliance
- Coordinates with Compliance and Branch Administration regarding responses for independent third party and regulatory audits; ensures deficiencies identified from such audits are corrected
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company's goals and values
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one's own actions and conduct
- Supports the company's philosophy of Building Excellence; promotes the corporate culture through coaching, guidance, and staff motivation
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in progressively responsible branch management and supervisory activities, financial statement and tax return preparation, and all lending activities and terminology
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs
- Advanced math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Ability to cross-sell and explain all Company products and services with confidence and authority
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule and the work schedules of others on a short-term and long-term basis
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Proven experience and strong relationships in the Brentwood community.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or University and a minimum of 10 years' of related experience and/or training. Work related experience should consist of strong business lending and client acquisition experience and management.
- Prior experience in a Supervisory position and branch management preferred.
- Current California driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.